The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meadowhall Sheffield 8th Oct

RobSheffield

If you look at Snake Pass on Google Maps you can see that it is labelled 'Around the Peak District'. The route goes for miles and looks very twisty and hill in parts. In some places it is a bit difficult to see where it goes but I will write up the whole route later.

Maybe start at Ladybower and do the whole route. I may drive it this weekend in case it is a bit difficult for the lowered, kitted members. What do you all think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may drive it this weekend in case it is a bit difficult for the lowered, kitted members. What do you all think?

If it's the normal route for snakepass to manchester there is no clearence issues what so ever as I have driven over snake pass 3 times (6 in total) with the soop and I am low and have never had any issues not even a hint of a rub anywhere.

If you look at Snake Pass on Google Maps you can see that it is labelled 'Around the Peak District'. The route goes for miles and looks very twisty and hill in parts. In some places it is a bit difficult to see where it goes but I will write up the whole route later.

Maybe start at Ladybower and do the whole route. I may drive it this weekend in case it is a bit difficult for the lowered, kitted members. What do you all think?

give me a PM if you do :)

Snakepass is a busy route, somehow I don't think we will get up to any speeds for the bumps to cause a problem, all the Sunday drivers will be out in force lol

true

Theres been a fair bit of road works on there lately nearer the snake pass Inn sort of area made it slightly uneven in places,

usually take this route 1-2 times a week with work but never been across in the supra :)

true

Theres been a fair bit of road works on there lately nearer the snake pass Inn sort of area made it slightly uneven in places,

usually take this route 1-2 times a week with work but never been across in the supra :)

It's a peice of piss in the supra mate not even a worry TBH, the only worry is that village (dunno its name) that has those hidden green speed cameras the one with the texaco garage.

The "Around the Peak District" route.

Assuming a start near Ladybower.

-Head towards Glossop on Snake Road A57

-Turn right in the centre of Glossop onto the B6105 (Norfolk Street?). This road has speed bumps at the start and is bumpy and rutted.

-At the A628 turn right and then shortly after take a left onto the A6024.

-At Hepworth, after some proper twisties, turn right onto the B6106

-At the A616 just south of Crowedge, turn right, Continue over the A628.

-Turn right off the A616 towards Midhopestones (Mortimer Road).

-This goes on for ages before reaching the A57 again. A right turn takes you down to Ladybower.

This LINK ahould display Google Maps with the Peak District route visible to the North and West.

You can follow it on the map (hybrid version works best) for an idea of the drive.

• 2 weeks later...