The mkiv Supra Owners Club

would you do it all again???

mathew

I've done it before, and so this time bought a car that was pretty much done. That said, the Trial Supra will have cost me a fair chunk by the end of the year.

The problem is if you spend it and dont accept that you are spending it on YOU. If you spend £10k on a good setup, you are spending £10k on you and you will not get it back at resale.

I have an MR2 turbo that has been a little project car for the last 6 years. I've spent circa £10k on it plus the cost of the car, it's probably worth £5kish. So I can't bring myself to sell it.

Still do it again tho, I also don't drink\go out much\have lairy holidays etc.

I've done it before, and so this time bought a car that was pretty much done. That said, the Trial Supra will have cost me a fair chunk by the end of the year.

The problem is if you spend it and dont accept that you are spending it on YOU. If you spend £10k on a good setup, you are spending £10k on you and you will not get it back at resale.

I have an MR2 turbo that has been a little project car for the last 6 years. I've spent circa £10k on it plus the cost of the car, it's probably worth £5kish. So I can't bring myself to sell it.

Still do it again tho, I also don't drink\go out much\have lairy holidays etc.

fair play lmao "lairy holidays"

TBH I've owned scores of cars over the years and never modded one of them. Think I may have bought some 17's for a GT4 I had once, and that was totally out of character.

All this was down to my old mans influence, he was a car trader and me 'wasting' money on mods that I'd never get back when I resold was something he drilled into me.

All that said tho, I bought my Sup and have spent approx £700 going BPU. I know I wont get half that back when I sell but for for the first time ever I don't care! :) :cool:

Doubt I'd ever pay for a single though! :blink: I'd do as Clarkey says and get one done already.

I wish I'd have known about this place before buying my supe. I would have been better informed and bought one with proven covenance.

The flip side is saying I wish I'd never found out about this place.The slippery slope is an expensive thing to get on and damned hard to get off from. ;)