The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine pics

Paul Whiffin

Originally posted by Paul Whiffin

Yes but with what tyres? Mines primarily a track day car not a drag racing car, I get far more enjoyment wippping Ferrari's and Porches's round a track! Never the less I will get my 1/4 mile times down this year dont you worry.

he has done on drag radials

i have done 12.5 with street tyres stock fuel no boost controller, 264`s fmic, i have done a couple of track things. donnington was cool on a real track. it was fun but i prefer drag strip. traction is a problem when you get big power. what power you had on your old turbo 550-600. you can see your car had power with 125 traps, you sufferd with traction problems. you need all the help you can get.

will yours be ready for tob3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Paul,

Where does your wastegate dump tube go, at the moment mine is facing forward but I am getting some new custom downpipes and dump tube made and was thinking of having the dump tube exiting just behind the drivers side front wheel.

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Thought that car dude drove had Hybrids on it? Does that still count as stock Turbo's?

Paul

Dragracing Times For Stock & Hybrid Turbos

they still stock supra turbos with a bigger insides to them. you could beat the time with some good rubber and driving

there is a santapod event on this sat and sun. sunday is a RWYB

i cant see it making any difference to me. theres not that much in it is there. mine has no fuel mods boost controller and not running hybrids or drag radials. john did 12.17 i did 12.53

with some drag radials and a good launch it could be beaten.

they run mid 11`s on stock turbos.

there are a few on list with hybrids so to me i cant see it making much difference. aint they best for top end and more stronger?

they are still stock turbos

if you want me to clearly mark up hybrid turbos i can do. but what next cams??? torque convertors ??? uprated clutches

if you have any thoughts you can stick in the drag thread so we dont hijack pauls thread.

we all want whats best for the supra

Leave it as it is Mark.

IMHO, it should be anything goes except big twins/single. Hybrids are indistingishable from stock. Some would lie, some might not even know if the have hybrids or not.

People can volunteer info DRs weight loss etc, but anyone on any mods with stock-based turbos should be legal.

Prehaps we should make it clear that it should say stock based turbos !!! Trust me my J-spec would have wiped the floor with that black car and that was on stock turbos which it seems one survived , because when i put it back in Seq mode i have 0.6 bar and no smoke !!!! :D

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Not always practicle at Pod, due to the long queues. But good idea if possible, nice for times to be 'backed-up'.

Doesnt have to be same meeting but if its an important time ie mine cause its gone to the top of the list a back up would be nice , it also silences the doubting thomas' !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

thats the good thing about york dragstrip they put all the times on there web site with dates. with elvington you feel a bit cheated. you only get 1/4 time and trap speed sometimes you dont get trap speeds.

i like york because its just like santapod with real dragracing setup with lights.

last time i went to york http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/results.pl?date=2003-10-05;car=X47

go here for complete listings for 2 years of events

http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/results.pl

they also do a thing with classes where you get to race other cars with same power sort of thing. the class system takes a bit of working out so i used to go in the top class X with 4x4 cars

CLASS A pocket rocket

upto 1600cc no turbos or nitrous

CLASS B sports car

upto 1600cc with turbo and/or nitrous. or upto 1800cc with NO turbo or nitrous

CLASS C super sports cars

up to 1800cc with turbo and/or nitrous or up to 2000cc with NO turbo and/or nitrous

CLASS D touring car

over 2000cc with no turbo and/or nitrous

CLASS T super touring car

over 1800cc with turbo and/or nitrous

CLASS X ultimate 4x4 car

all 4 wheel drive cars including turbo and /or nitrous

CLASS R classic car

all classic cars where the first of its type was produced prior to 1980

CLASS Y run what you brung car

next one is 11th & 12th april easter monday. 12th will be busy as they have american cars racing each other and minis vs vw beetles and all other cars.

its more of a cram everything in sort of show for the family.

the class system is good as you can win a trophy and race some other fast cars instead of novas and saxos

there web site

it seems they think of the other cars as mickey mouse cars. they are all for american cars at that strip. but its crap when you see some of them american cars getting beat by saxos and doing 17+ second 1/4`s

lots of dates on main page

ps forgot to put link in

http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/index.pl

Cheers mate, i won't have my car back till next wednesaday though, but i think ChrisB is popping down to run. I think he might get into the 12s too :)

elvington on the 25th Sounds good, but i need my boost controller installed the weekend before, the Donny weekend. I'm not going like so might get it done then

Paul

• 1 month later...

More or less finished my mods for the moment, just got to make up a carbon airbox and I'm done. Needs a bit more mapping still, I'll be finishing that off next week, cant wait to give it some shit!

Full spec & and a few pics can be found at http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/whifsupra.html

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/images/parts/myenginebay_large.jpg