The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your supra imperfections

miko_supra

Well it's limited to 112mph, and it will easily go up to 140. at 112 it mean anything can beat you eventually. i've been beaten by an old golf gti from 70 mph because of it.

You raise a good point! 140 you say ... I didn't know they went that fast. I'm suddenly tempted to sort this out and try that. On my private road, of course :)

Probably a query for the search function, but I assume insurance needs to know if that limiter disappears?

What a great thread if your ever thinking about selling up :rolleyes:

Well - I bought mine with the intention of running it for 3 years (length of the loan), which will take it up to 100k miles on the odo.

With a bit of luck this thread will be archived by the time I post in the 'Cars For Sale' section :D

Well - I bought mine with the intention of running it for 3 years (length of the loan), which will take it up to 100k miles on the odo.

With a bit of luck this thread will be archived by the time I post in the 'Cars For Sale' section :D

look at it another way and say look at the state my car was in then and see the love i've put into it now;)

1. two pin size dents on the bonnet,

2. driver side sideskirt cracked by previous owner,

3. passenger side sideskirt scraped by me in multi-storey car park. last time I was in one actually,

4. rear bumper is looking a bit dull and a few lines showing, needs a respray,

5. previous owner thought it would be a great idea to bond his mobile phone holder to the dashboard, can't get the fooking glue off!

Too many to list. Mechanically it's sound!

Same here..

I have so many kerbings, stone chips, a few door dings and marks on the front bumper including a section where the paint has split and come away from it and problems with the driver door which looks to have had a repair job on it, done badly from previous work!

Funny thing is tho, it still looks great when its clean and these things have to be pointed out to be noticed.

Poor repair to passenger door,

faded paint on rear bumper

Lots of stone chips

Chipped section on Front bumper

Could do with a full respray but is being tracked so that will be next year now.

Wheel alignment needs doing.

Intercooler needs replacing

Four new tyres needed in the next 2k