The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wash your car

hulse

see! there it is again, mop job, whats a flipin mop job??

If you lived closer i could show you ;)

Basically you have a machine which looks a lot like an angle grinder to which you attach various "mops" starting with a coarse cutting mop (if the paintwork is in poor condition) and wortking through the stages up to a finishing bonnet and wax.

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/Resources/polisher1.gif

ah! cheers Colin, been thinking of something like this, must save a lot of time.

Some guys down my road with an Audi TT and a mini bought a £15 joby recently from halfords, i knew it would be crap, just too cheap. Any pressure they apply and it just stops spinning! :D

What sort of money do you need to spend to get a decent one of these?

It doesn't necessarily save time, it certainly saves effort ! You are looking at about £200 due to needing a transformer to allow it to be run from uk mains.

The polishes i use with mine are:

sonus sfx 1

sonus sfx 2

Klasse all in one

Klasse sealant glaze

P21 s carnauba wax.

On a silver car it leaves a really good finish removing all swirl marks leaving a deep wet look but on a dark car like yours it leaves a fanatastic finish.

the beauty of it is evryone has there on combination of polishes and mops that they use to get the shine, always something new to try :D

If you lived closer i could show you ;)

Basically you have a machine which looks a lot like an angle grinder to which you attach various "mops" starting with a coarse cutting mop (if the paintwork is in poor condition) and wortking through the stages up to a finishing bonnet and wax.

[qimg]http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/Resources/polisher1.gif[/qimg]

I'm always too worried I would 'burn' the paint or remove it on the edges if I had a go :blink: I had Liam do mine about a year ago and it did look amazing.

the tool that is in the pic is a porter cable , orbital polisher.

wont burn the paint .

now a rotary , thats a different ball game .

if dave sees this thread hell shine , pardon the pun some light on rotarys

Beat me to the punch there Peter. :D

As the gentleman said it is a much less abrasive tool compared to what somebody like Dave uses.