The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sh1t mt first brick in the tt!

squiffy

you are alot better off driving without the aid of the slip cntrll...

as when it does decide to work it is always to late and then sucks all your power away which is a big no when trying to correct yourself....

i have had mine deleted.. the car is alot more driveable scince this simple mod

Ryan, you should've come to the driver training day I was at yesterday - tonnes of space, and instructors helping you get the most of kicking the back end out. Top fun all round, and you get the hang of controlling a wayward rear end.

where was that at chris?

and i didnt know nokia made tyres as well!!!:p

well, we have all seen ure avatar change in points all the time, we know ure a nutter,

LSD helps :)

Perhaps this needs its own thread... but does it really help?

Without LSD you get one spinning first so giving the driver some warning whereas with LSD both go at the same time and round you go!

I know LSD will get you started 'off the line' - get the power down, but on a greasy roundabout or in the above situation doesn't it make it worse?

Comments please!

Without LSD you get one spinning first so giving the driver some warning

Nope you get one wheel spinning which will push you round into a spin. LSD helps keep things in a straight line. If you don't have an LSD (i.e. most auto owners I believe) then it's the single best handling mod you can do IMO.

if you have lsd it will fish tall like mad till it all gose wrong or you back off . I used to have a s14 which had a lsd and if you plant it in the wet it would step out loads .

Im with Matt on this one, I have a LSD on my auto and if you get it wrong in the wet you will tail slide back and forth until you correct it, it can be very very vicious, and its a=happened more than once......:blink:

I think the best thing for mine was having the wheel alignment done properly by someone who understands suspension setups. I have an LSD on mine (UK car) and umm, it's fine mostly, but I've had it fishtail a bit. On one occasion, before the alignment, I hit the throttle and got what was more like a violent snap to the left, whilst pointing straight ahead on a motorway :eek:

See I've NEVER had that in mine, and I quite often floor it in the wet intentionally to spin up the rear wheels :)

Yep. It was a one off. That's the only time it's done that, in over two years of driving it. The wheel geometry was miles off though, but I still wonder if there was something in the road or something. It was scary. Had a taxi right by my side as well.

It was that violent that the car was very upset, and bounced around a bit as it straightened up.

Ryan, you should've come to the driver training day I was at yesterday - tonnes of space, and instructors helping you get the most of kicking the back end out. Top fun all round, and you get the hang of controlling a wayward rear end.

sounds like fun! in all my rwd cars i intentionally launch it sideways more often then i should, but going in a straight line completely caught me out!

luckily the reactions kicked in and put me straight before i knew what was goin on!

Nope you get one wheel spinning which will push you round into a spin. LSD helps keep things in a straight line. If you don't have an LSD (i.e. most auto owners I believe) then it's the single best handling mod you can do IMO.

Yeah, I get what you're saying here but this is straight line stuff.

My point was more to do with times when the car is already unbalanced such as kick down/2nd turbo in a corner or greasy roundabouts etc. where if both wheels spin you're right round before you know it? Whereas with only one wheel spinning (usually the one without the weight on it) you still have some control.

When I've had this happen I haven't really felt any significant sideways movement and I back off before anything worse happens and I thought that with lsd I wouldn't have held it in the same situation?

I'm not trying to prove a point - just interested in what people think. I've not driven a lsd rwd car and so I've no experience to draw on.