The mkiv Supra Owners Club

shell v power

supra matt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was in the states in may v power was 92ron

was very cheap tho and so was the octane booster!

i hope its higher ron'd over here

The US uses a different scale...MON.

MON 92 is equivilent to about 98-99RON.

We have V-Power in Norwich now too.

I just popped the V-power in my car last night, it was 102.9 and from my local Shell garage in Henley on Remenham Hill I asked and he gave me a card saying 99RON, and special detergents etc etc I didnt notice any difference though- I am spoilt for high octane round here now, with Tesco selling 99 in Reading as well. Perhaps it is destiny not to sell her...

I got the following in an email from Shell today:

Shell V-Power fuel replaces Shell Optimax

Shell V-Power is the new and improved fuel which replaces Shell Optimax today. The high octane quality, combined with its optimised formulation, are designed to provide improved performance in many modern cars.

Shell V-Power contains Shell’s unique FMT (Friction Modification Technology) which is designed to reduce friction inside your engine, helping the car run more efficiently. This is the same FMT that is used by the Formula One Ferrari team in their 2006 racing fuels.

Combined with an Octane Rating of 99 RON* and high detergency to help protect your car against harmful deposits, Shell V-Power can help you get more performance and responsiveness from your engine.

So why not try new Shell V-Power next time you fill-up? Or find out more at http://www.shell.com/pluspoints.

* Research Octane Number

I got some today at 99.9p. I asked about the RON rating and was told it was 99 as per the handly little leflet on the counter.

Bad news. Where Optimax was priced at 6p/litre more than regular unleaded, V-Power is going to sit at 7p/litre more.

99.9p a litre in Eltham, an I was told 99 ron. The car felt good after putting it in. (Dont know if thats all in the mind though :D )

i thought the same after taking it down the motorway for a bit on a fresh tank - just seemed to be noticeably smooth today

it seems blloody convenient that they've managed to empty the Optimax everywhere so that they can put the V Power in, i bet the first batches are all mixed up & it'll take a little while to get pure V Power maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

have used about a tank and a half of v-power in my n/a after using mainly bog standard tesco/shell 95 Ron stuff.

the car seems to be a lot smoother and has much better throttle response lower down the rev range.

think i'll pay up the extra and stick with the v-power!! :thumbs: