The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silver Supra Crashed in Reading - anyone on here?

sleeky

Just an aside, how did they break into your house? Where were your keys and wallet?

Just some advice guys, a favoured method for getting in an getting your keys is via your letter box. Alot of people leave their keys and wallet on the table in the hall. Matey boy spys your nice car on the drive, looks through the letter box and voila there are your keys. Easy peasy beleive me. So thinks about where you leave your keys. Never leave them near a window or door. Make it hard for them. The harder it is, the less likely they'll have a go.

Yep they used the letterbox thang !!

Keys were at the back of the house well away from the front window. There's no access to the back unless you make one hell of a noise and considering it was pitch black and no lights were on they must have had superman vision to see them.

The police say that it's just opportunists. They go from door to door checking to see if the deadlocks are on or not then let themselves in regardless of what they see through the window, then they just grab whatever they can before they get rumbled.

It's easy for them because if the handle outside drops down then they know they can get in, keeping the keys in the lock doesn't help either because they'll just get them out.

Some people say that your silly for not deadlocking the door but I tell you what, I'd rather be robbed than burn to death in a fire whilst looking for my keys to get out.

Easiest way to avoid this type of crime is to attach a grill of a box behind the letterbox so they can't get anything inside to grab the handle or you could replace the lever handle for a knob but I'm sure the nobs have got a way of getting around the Knobs.

I'm not sure that I'd want it back now, it'd not be the same.

I really don't care for the welfare of the driver at the moment, if they'd smashed their brains all over the windscreen I'd want to keep it to remind me of the vile scum that exists in our society.

Alas should they write it off I will not hesitate to get Jurgen on the case for a replacement mkiv.

Fitted with the flame thrower of course.

Right just been informed by forensics that they left no traces of evidence in the car so a prosecution is very very unlikely (hope they f**kin hurt themselves)

The garage it is currently at reckons it's highly likely to be written off due to the damage, it's un-drivable.

I love the look of your Aero Scooby but I doubt the insurance company will given me anymore than the £4750 I paid for it, even though I reckon it was worth at least £6000 because of it's condition and ultra low mileage.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Another way to safeguard your keys is to take them up to the bedroom with you

I've read stories of people being woken in bed with a knife to their throat and some nutter demanding keys. I don't think an opportunist would go this far, but shows how far some people will go.

Right just been informed by forensics that they left no traces of evidence in the car so a prosecution is very very unlikely (hope they f**kin hurt themselves)

The garage it is currently at reckons it's highly likely to be written off due to the damage, it's un-drivable.

I love the look of your Aero Scooby but I doubt the insurance company will given me anymore than the £4750 I paid for it, even though I reckon it was worth at least £6000 because of it's condition and ultra low mileage.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

You would be suprised mate, whatever you do make sure you turn down thier first offer of settlement. I did this and got a very large figure with which I went straight to Jurgen. Now I've got a better car than before :D

You would be suprised mate, whatever you do make sure you turn down thier first offer of settlement. I did this and got a very large figure with which I went straight to Jurgen. Now I've got a better car than before :D

That's cheered me up a bit, nice one.

Not as much as my joy at taking told of my hire car............

A lovely Nissan Almera Estate (Vroom Vroom) :eyebrows:

Hiya Ben

Just got back from a holiday this weekend, sorry to hear that was your car :(

I've had a car of mine broken into earlier this year so i kinda know what you mean about it not being the same.

Things have gone mad in the last few weeks in Reading.

Had one van stolen from my road, one bloke come out to find some scum trying to break into his car, another house has been burgled, a lexus was almost pinched over the weekend and then there is of course your car :(

All the best mate :)

Sorry mate this really sucks i would be gutted.I would also be worried that someone managed to get into my house that easy without you knowing!!

Fortunately i have two big dogs that dont take kindly to unknown visitors,the collie tore the letterbox off when the postman came round lol,would love some pikey scum to stick his hand through as he wouldnt get it back.

Hope you get a good payout dude and return with another supe,hey maybe get a TT this time hehe.