The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent - Admin Please Read - Fake Supra For Sale

Sheefa

Western Union isn't banned per say it just isn't preferred. Basically that is just eBay making more money - they only justify PayPal for electronic transfer, why? because they own it. Paying by Western Union is the same as sending a bank tranfer, cheque or paying cash. eBay doesn't see it and doesn't get their slice which is the problem eBay has.

It certainly isn't any concern for fraud eBay might have.

m.

Stu was clever. The police obviously wouldnt give out my address but the thick tw@ts let him see the computer screen as he spoke to them. So, he found my name and the number of my address and what area I lived in. Quick bit of research on the tintranet and up my full address came.

Great. This is what's really worrying me. Stu was very understanding and only came to warn me but say I get a few violent visitors demanding 'their' car.

Stu was clever.

Obviously not THAT clever ;)

This is what's really worrying me. Stu was very understanding and only came to warn me but say I get a few violent visitors demanding 'their' car.

I'd get CCTV installed. I'd also be pretty pissed off at the police station and lodge a formal complaint.

I would imagine it is just a one off, the scammers usually have more sense that to reuse the same picture - especially as this will link them to a previous con.

I'm sorry - forgive me, I am cynical personified.............

I'm not convinced this is true. While I see no reason for you to lie, I also see no evidence. What is "stu's" username? Where is the ebay link? I also see no way for "stu" to get your details from the police, they sit facing you and so it would not be possible at any front desk.

I also don't get the keen-ness for you to make this a sticky. I wouldn't agree to it if it was my decision without real evidence.

I'm not saying it isn't true, just that I am not 100% convinced it is.

Stealthhost, why the complete skeptisim mate? I understand where you're coming from as a moderator, but this is pretty damn serious and the only reason I put this up here is to warn other supra forum members that they may be subject to this if looking to buy a car....or may have thought they'd bought mine!

Stuart actually spoke to the counter clerk in the worcestershire police station and I don't know the exact details but he somehow managed to see my address number. He's already lodged a complaint about deception etc.

STUART - If you're reading this can you post please mate and prove i'm not just doing this "because i'm sad and have nothing better to do" as the above moderator may be implying. Thanks mate.

Obviously the ebay listing has been removed as that would be pretty damn ignorant and stupid for ebay to keep it there Stealthhost. If I can get anymore info I will, just concerned about a)others on the forum, b) my family in case my mums at home and some tw@t demands the car and c) the car!

Thanks.

I don't see any need to make it a "sticky" as I cannot believe anybody would fall for such an obvious con that has been discussed so many times in the past.

I would also echo Stealthhost's comments regarding the address issue. I have never ever seen a Police station that has their computer screens facing the general public. Do you have a link to the ebay sale?

Spoke to Stuart who'll post and put up a link, but the ebay auction has obviously been withdrawn as it's been reported so will only show a 'withdrawn listing' page I think. As for the police, I don't know and don't care, either way he managed to find me.

Yeah, but what are the odds of someone else tracking you down in a similar manner? Pretty remote I would have thought, and I hardly think having a sticky in here is going to reduce the chances of someone else falling for this scam - there are such scams almost permanently listed on eBay, usually of super high spec American supras being sold for £5K - that are regularly discussed on here. Maybe there should be some generic advice of how to avoid buying scam cars on eBay in the FAQ or somewhere?

:looney: