The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gits Keyed My Car - feel sick with hatred and shock

Sheefa

I don't understand how people leave supras parked on public roads. It's just asking for trouble.

I avoid leaving mine even on the driveway, despite the road being very quiet.

You never know what sad arsehole will happen to walk by and delve into mindless vandalism.

At the very least people should have CCTV - to know who the culprit was, if they are into suing for compensation or even favour-returning.

Garage - no way round it.

At work I make sure I can *always* see the car from the window. Otherwise I wouldn't bother taking it to work.

Sad world, yes.:(

Unfortunately some people dont have a choice but to park on the road, mines garaged all the time. But I will not take it if I think I will have to leave it somewhere dodgy. Even so thats no excuse for the jealous barstards to vandalize your car.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I understand and yes it is partly my fault to blame for leavin it on the road. Even so, come on, this is a harsh world. I left it right on the drive/road tucked up close. It's a dead quiet road and it's never happened before. Just unlucky.

There's no way the supra will fit in my garage, live at parents so they won't clear it out either for the car as they need the space. My drive is quite enclosed but definately putting a CCTV camera up now. I live in a very nice area so I suppose it's understandable that people here will be targetted for their cars etc.

Just feels horrible when you've had it done to you. As a kid this would of never crossed my mind, criminal damage to another persons car is just pure stupidity and arrogance.

Actually considering getting rid of it now because of my other post about a fake seller selling it on too. Too much hassle.:(

Cheers Shaun and Gaz.

May think about selling it now after the respray (hopefully it's at a reasonable price) as I don't think I can handle anymore problems and chavs in the area. Really sad man. Worst of all, I know there are other guys out there with Supras who have had far more damage and I feel for them more, but it's just sh!t when it happens to you.

Thanks for your support all.

Greg