The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boostlogic NA-T kit

Guest giama

Guest p_streaks
Or swap it for a R154 (MKIII turbo gearbox) :)

oH I see you have the BL kit too! What kinda power figures are you pulling mate? And how does it feel!!

I am really tempted to go N/A-T but so far have been a bit put off by the fact that I have been told that to do it right would cost £7-10k??

Any views appreciated

An NA-T conversion is not something I would advocate, £8K+ would be about right, the turbo kit itself is only a fraction of the overall cost to do a proper conversion, it is all the supporting parts that all add up (fuelling, ecu + mapping, electronics, gearbox, clutch, intercooler, fittings, etc. etc.) A lot of money to spend just to achieve similar power to a BPU TT, but with potentially less reliability.

The best and cheapest option would be to buy a TT, the second best option would be to transplant a 2JZGTE engine into your car.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I am really tempted to go N/A-T but so far have been a bit put off by the fact that I have been told that to do it right would cost £7-10k??

Any views appreciated

An NA-T conversion is not something I would advocate, £8K+ would be about right, the turbo kit itself is only a fraction of the overall cost to do a proper conversion, it is all the supporting parts that all add up (fuelling, ecu + mapping, electronics, gearbox, clutch, intercooler, fittings, etc. etc.) A lot of money to spend just to achieve similar power to a BPU TT, but with potentially less reliability.

The best and cheapest option would be to buy a TT, the second best option would be to transplant a 2JZGTE engine into your car.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest p_streaks

Well my BL kit arrived and so far the motor has being taken out, head gasket and bolts put in, and manifold, turbo, oil lines, injectors, dump pipe all bolted on. The engine will be put back in tomorrow. Does anyone know if everything will cleared and fit back in the car properly? I hope it will be all smooth sailing as it has being all good so far! Plus any one know what power figures i can reach since i have 780cc injectors? I have a 6 speed. Im soo excited!!

Edited by p_streaks (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest p_streaks

oK Car is runnng fine now. However im a bit disapointed about the numbers so far, only 340rwhp on 14psi. From reading about other people with the same setup, they have at least 400rwhp at 14psi such as bromy. Why do i have much lower numbers? I have a haltech e11v2 standalone and 3.5inch exhaust and the supporting mods etc. Am i getting some restriction somewhere?

You probably have honest dynos down there ;) The UK has a culture of gross exaggeration and / or ineptitude with chassis dyno power figures. Still air day, known temps and barometric reading, level road, average 10 runs in each direction, 50 to 80 in a 1 to 1 ratio. Will give a comparison of power against a similarly geared car tested similarly that's remarkably accurate.

Or give the dyno guy a case of lager and ask for another readout...