The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I ran a 13.72 today! Over the moon :)

GazzaGSi

Don't feel bad mate, everyone (well the owners of turbo'd cars) were complaining it was too hot to run decent times.

How was your boost pressure on the day? Mine dropped to 0.8 bar! Ran much better at 3am the following morning, 1.1 bar is soo much better :D

That seems strange that you lose so much boost on a hot day... my boost never changes no matter what the weather is:search:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tattoman, did you do a good burn out?? I find with pod you really need warm tyres to get any type of grip going. Also was it your first run or is that the best ever you've done in the sup??

It was the first 3 runs I've done in my Supra and all 3 runs I did huge burnouts. The first run without Slip control and I had no traction until early 3rd gear. But the other 2 runs with Slip control on and WOW what a difference she launched with barely any wheel spin. I'm gutted as my old standard 300zx was quicker than the supra.....

Tattoman, did you do a good burn out?? I find with pod you really need warm tyres to get any type of grip going. Also was it your first run or is that the best ever you've done in the sup??

A good burnout makes a HUGE difference, but I am always concerned about the heat generated in the engine bay. After a burnout, boost levels on my car are always down on what I get on the road...

Also, Greg gave me a good tip yesterday (though rather obvious now!) - drop tyre pressures! He checked them after my 2nd run and they were at 33.5psi. Dropped to 20psi for the last run and knocked half a second off :)

It was the first 3 runs I've done in my Supra and all 3 runs I did huge burnouts. The first run without Slip control and I had no traction until early 3rd gear. But the other 2 runs with Slip control on and WOW what a difference she launched with barely any wheel spin. I'm gutted as my old standard 300zx was quicker than the supra.....

Yeah mate i wouldn't be worried. As i said to Gaz, it take time to get used to the car. Im sure on your next outing you'll be getting better times.

That seems strange that you lose so much boost on a hot day... my boost never changes no matter what the weather is:search:

Wierd isn't it, no one else seems to complain about this as much as me!!

Fixed this afternoon though- fitted a bleed valve :D Hit 1.6 bar today - whoops! It'll be running 1.3 bar for japshow with ET streets & (hopefully) line lock.

Wierd isn't it, no one else seems to complain about this as much as me!!

Fixed this afternoon though- fitted a bleed valve :D Hit 1.6 bar today - whoops! It'll be running 1.3 bar for japshow with ET streets & (hopefully) line lock.

maybe water injection would help:)

Thanks James, I was really pleased with it too! :)

Thats interesting about boost pressure dropping with how hot it was. I'll have to get the boost guage i've fitted wired up to see how mine reacts to a hot day.

Another interesting point is about the burnout/tire pressure. I didnt check my tire pressure so didnt know if it was low for the run or not and didnt to a burn out, dont know how to control it properly :shy:

Maybe with the above and anti lag unit I may get sub 13. Well, thats my aim by the end of the season anyway and my see if my boost can be turned up a little :angel:

Gaz

But the other 2 runs with Slip control on and WOW what a difference she launched with barely any wheel spin. I'm gutted as my old standard 300zx was quicker than the supra.....

Do you have an auto or manual mate?

When I launched once (by accident) with slip control on it killed my run! Slip control on and a faster run doesn't sound right at all!!

Guest dee_rz

sorry gaz 13.7 even better :) she's very very nice i once saw her at the birmingham motorshow have a video at home somewhere of me and her playing on the ps2 eyetoy when it first came out, it was a promotion day at the show and i won a eyetoy and game with a video of me and jakie degg signed also :) :cool: