UK Twin-Turbo 6-speed manual.......sobsob

crimbo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too cheap IMO....

agree....should be 2K more.

If he can't sell it for £11k, how on earth sticking the priceup to £13k will help, I really don't know :banghead:

There were a couple of UK 6 speed Supras on Pistonheads recently, both for £7k and they didn't seem to be flying away :(

Maybe they weren't in the same condition as this car, maybe they were better, who knows, but unfortunately Supra prices seem to have taken a very big hit recently, and that includes the holy grail of the UK 6 speed as well.

Selling these cars, for that sort of money, is definitely a waiting game.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to acheive somewhere near £11k if the right person comes along, who wants that particular car, and is willing to pay a premium for it, but sticking the price up certainly isn't going to encourage anyone to buy what is bordering on an overpriced car to begin with ;)

Anyway good luck with the sale, it looks a great car, enjoy the VW splitscreen :)

:) The thing is, no-one's actually SEEN it, come & have a looksee. People are offering 5 figure sums or swaps for other beutiful cars without actually sitting in it, let alone driving it ...................

This car is like one of the family and i dont want to let it go, but, if someone can offer abit closer to the asking price then they'll get something that there was only 160 of in the country

... 10-years ago

See, i'm ranting like a proud Father :D :D

If he can't sell it for £11k, how on earth sticking the priceup to £13k will help, I really don't know :banghead:

And...

the car has only just gone up for sale and only on this forum (For now). This makes it sound like it's been on here for months not a week!

(Proud Dad again)

And...

the car has only just gone up for sale and only on this forum (For now). This makes it sound like it's been on here for months not a week!

(Proud Dad again)

Stick it on Pistonheads, its free and gets visited by people who haven't got Supras, rather than on here, by most people who have :)

The idea was that people using this forum would understand the difference between a UK & a J-spec, most of the people i know, who aren't IN the know, just see a Supra for sale at £3500 and assume that's all it's worth....:rolleyes: :)

The idea was that people using this forum would understand the difference between a UK & a J-spec, most of the people i know, who aren't IN the know, just see a Supra for sale at £3500 and assume that's all it's worth....:rolleyes: :)

I can see the logic, but (unfortunately) most of us on here, who already own Supras, like to think of the prices being in the higher ranges as it makes us feel that our own cars are worth more ;)

Sadly, if the open market sees your car at £3500 (not saying that's what its worth :D) that is what you'll get for it, unless you can persuade an enthusiast on here that he really wants to buy your car.

Although that is a possibility, he'll probably have to persuade an enthusiast to buy his car for more than the open market value, in order to finance buying yours :(

It's a sad decision to have to make, but ANY car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

If Supras are generally selling for £3,5 10, 15k then that is what yours will be worth as well.

As I see it you've got 3 choices

1) Keep it and enjoy it

2) Hold on in case someone is willing to pay top money for the car (and probably eventually end up doing number 3)

3) Sell it for market value

Good luck with the sale, whatever you do.

It's a tough decision, I know, I've been there a few times myself and its never easy to see the car you believe is worth ten grand, eventually sell for six and a half, but needs must, and if you really want to sell it you may have to eventually come to that realisation :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bud, dont take this the wrong way but you might want to consider dropping the price a little,

See this one here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=78236

Okay its got 40k miles more than yours (but with a FSH these cars can do double that mileage easy) and its Black which is a more desirable colour and looks in pretty good condition too and TBH if hagled with could be bought for under 8.5k.

My advice drop you price mate Or you could just keep it.

Good Luck.

P.S you may be lucky and the right person might buy yours.

thats my black supe in he link, do u think it will sell pretty quick?

i did pay 9.5 for it 5 months ago and spent a shit load on it, cambelt,tyres,uprated clutch etc. just had enough of my little terraced house.lol

Lol...coincidence or what..you collect UK spec Supes or what?

probably me being silly but that didn't make no sense?

Ill elaborate for you mate,

Coincidene or what (refering to the fact that i point out a cheaper UK spec soop to him, he replies back by saying it was his old one)

I said, does he collects UK spec soops or what?

You can easily see how statement two is derived from statement 1:D

You have no reason to drop your price imho :)

Well only if he wants to sell it ;)

Obviously it's not flying away at that price, so maybe a price reduction could be the thing it needs to get people interested in it.

As I've said before, it depends on where it is advertised. If it's just on here, you could be waiting a very long time :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.