The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3 G Ultimate brake Discs are they good?

cntt

dammit, then what about the grooved discs, are they ok for the supra??

Shall I add a set of these to the shopping list Graham :)

I use a combination of Project Mu SCR-Pro discs on the front, with 4 pot calipers, TRD pads and Cusco brake master cylinder brace, which is more than capable at hauling the car to a stop from any speed. The 2 piece discs are quite a bit lighter than stock, so saves on un-sprung weight.

Project Mu SCR-Pro

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5075/scrproslitfs2mx.jpg

Endless make 2 piece discs for the front and single piece discs for the rear.

Endless Front

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6167/rotorracing13dx.jpg

Endless Rear

BTW Toyota have recently moved the production of the stock discs for the Supra (and other models) from Japan to Germany, the new discs have a slightly different cross section designed to cool the discs better, they are also made from a different steel which is meant to withstand higher temps and improve braking. The new discs are slightly black in colour compared to the grey colour of the older Japanese made ones.

Shall I add a set of these to the shopping list Graham :)

I use a combination of Project Mu SCR-Pro discs on the front, with 4 pot calipers, TRD pads and Cusco brake master cylinder brace, which is more than capable at hauling the car to a stop from any speed. The 2 piece discs are quite a bit lighter than stock, so saves on un-sprung weight.

Project Mu SCR-Pro

[qimg]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5075/scrproslitfs2mx.jpg[/qimg]

Endless make 2 piece discs for the front and single piece discs for the rear.

Endless Front

[qimg]http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6167/rotorracing13dx.jpg[/qimg]

Endless Rear

[qimg]http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/brake_rotor/basic/img/photo.jpg[/qimg]

Cheeky bugger.... :p Actually sounds like a good idea... :D

Can you sending me some pricing, as per your setup.... Discs, pads and master cylinder?

Thanks,

G

I looked for ages to upgrade my Jspecs.

Ended up with UK Callipers, Goodridge Lines, Motul 600, CW Fast Road Pads and DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Front & Rear Discs.

DBA seemed to have the best comments for a sensible budget, although there didn’t seem to be as much info on the other makes.

EDIT: 'I belive some tested/used some and found DBA to warp the least'

As stated before, stay away from drilled discs, only from what everyone has said.

See the attachment about plain, slotted & drilled discs.

Part reasoning as well was DBA seemed to offer all the tech stuff and performance, where as the others didn’t – or wasn’t readily available.

Also the slotted DBA’s don’t make any noise what so ever, which I know some slotted ones do.

Their ‘PAW’ print design in the cavity (rather than the conventional web/fin) is supposed to offer 20% better ventilation as well.

They also have 3 colour markings on them as well that change colour when they go above given temperatures, so you can see if you’ve been caning the hell out of them.

They seemed to have put a bit of thought it to it and didn’t hide away from issuing info.

DSC04310_red.JPG

Application_Chart.pdf

Major_Considerations_Track.pdf

I looked for ages to upgrade my Jspecs.

Ended up with UK Callipers, Goodridge Lines, Motul 600, CW Fast Road Pads and DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Front & Rear Discs.

DBA seemed to have the best comments for a sensible budget, although there didn’t seem to be as much info on the other makes.

EDIT: 'I belive some tested/used some and found DBA to warp the least'

As stated before, stay away from drilled discs, only from what everyone has said.

See the attachment about plain, slotted & drilled discs.

Part reasoning as well was DBA seemed to offer all the tech stuff and performance, where as the others didn’t – or wasn’t readily available.

Also the slotted DBA’s don’t make any noise what so ever, which I know some slotted ones do.

Their ‘PAW’ print design in the cavity (rather than the conventional web/fin) is supposed to offer 20% better ventilation as well.

They also have 3 colour markings on them as well that change colour when they go above given temperatures, so you can see if you’ve been caning the hell out of them.

They seemed to have put a bit of thought it to it and didn’t hide away from issuing info.

Looks good mate, from past experience in other cars (impreza) DBAs are very good.

A mate of mine uses them on his rally car in Aus, very very good!