The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MK4 for only £2400!?

sleeky

The fact is noone knows what will happen to prices, fact is there are the same amount of supras around as there was 3 years ago, apart from written off ones, buy one for £2000 you will probably get another £2000 in bills at least, if 1967 mgb's that look knackered are still selling for £5000 then there is always hope classic or not, fact is they do not make supra's anymore so good one's should always fetch reasonable prices, it's like the old quote, best to invest in land because they do not make it anymore.Supra may achieve classic status soon, and all the knackered one's will dissappear because chavs can't afford to fix them.

I dont think its just a Supra thing though, all used cars seem to depreciate really badly now. Even the normal stuff like Golfs which always seemed to hold great value are slipping drastically. I would guess its due to the number of new cars sold and the various finance deals that make it incredibly cheap to get into these cars. On the plus side the Supra is a classic and the people buying cheap ones are not going to look after them properly! so overtime the price of good examples may appreciate....

early 20 somethings in a TT or a Skyline... better off just giving them a machine gun!!

not all us early 20 somethings are Max Power Idiots. I'm 21 although I'm not in a TT which will come in time, I treat the car wiith the respect it deserves and dont thrash it around. The Supe is washed weekly (despite the hose pipe ban) and I try and get to the meets when I can.

I'm now driving the car I have wanted since I was about 10 years old so I dont think all young people will drive it like idiots - Anyway machine guns have safety switches on them as do TT's - Traction control! :p

not all us early 20 somethings are Max Power Idiots. I'm 21 although I'm not in a TT which will come in time, I treat the car wiith the respect it deserves and dont thrash it around. The Supe is washed weekly (despite the hose pipe ban) and I try and get to the meets when I can.

I'm now driving the car I have wanted since I was about 10 years old so I dont think all young people will drive it like idiots - Anyway machine guns have safety switches on them as do TT's - Traction control! :p

Thats good to hear, :thumbs:

shame not all are the same,

Some of the displays i've seen beggar beleif,[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

What really winds you up is how do they get insured.....

Know what you mean about the hosepipe ban

( does getting up at 7.00am Saturday morning ring any bells ha ha )

But hey I dont water the garden, dont have a dishwasher, and don't have 3 kids bathing every night so 1x bucket of water and a 30 second sprinkle with the hose once a week i think is justified,

Perhaps if the leaks were fixed we would have this problem .... its not that there is actually a water shortage ...

I'm not a morning person so I use a bloody watering can - several trips back and forth to the sink and washing the car in sections :( but the end result is still :D :D :D

There wouldn't be a problem if they built more reservoirs for all these new houses they are building!!!

I know what you mean about other idiots my age and I do see some sights around my area (why do Mini's all of a sudden want to race me? I just leave them to it) As far as insurance goes.. damn I'm being stung but it is worth it!

Also what size is your number plate and where di you get it? (mine takes up a bit too much of the front bumper for my liking)

im with you there charlton, had a poster of a supra on my wall when i was like 15 and now finally owning one am i in no way gona drive it like an idiot. as with th prices dropping i havnt seen one anywhere near the price i paid for mine 4 weeks ago, and mine is in absolutely mint condition. pretty sure someone on here was selling a very similar one but was asking £3500 more but then again the guy i bought mine off was in a hurry to sell so got a brucie bargain :) and enough left over change to start considering a switch to an na/t

:thumbdown:

I'm not a morning person so I use a bloody watering can - several trips back and forth to the sink and washing the car in sections :( but the end result is still :D :D :D

There wouldn't be a problem if they built more reservoirs for all these new houses they are building!!!

I know what you mean about other idiots my age and I do see some sights around my area (why do Mini's all of a sudden want to race me? I just leave them to it) As far as insurance goes.. damn I'm being stung but it is worth it!

Also what size is your number plate and where di you get it? (mine takes up a bit too much of the front bumper for my liking)

Motorbike size but not the really small ones , as you will get pulled,

It fits straight onto the existing standard front Number plate plinth too, and is almost exact size of standard plinth

Length 30cm (300mm)

Hight 7.5cm (75mm)

Sure you'll get one at JAE for about £10,

Large standard plates look rubbish as do square plates..

As for sticky on plates on the front panel.............:wtf: is all that about.... talk about totally distroy a cars looks

very 70's .

But I suppose that will upset someone saying that... :spank: and they'll reckon it looks cool :thumbdown:

Insurance no prob for me... my N/A is £297 fully comp protected :p :yahoo: