36 members have voted

1. 1. BL T67 Stage 2 or PHR Stage 2?

• BL T67
    • PHR

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you fancy a drive to Kent, you're more than welcome to have a drive of my car if you want to feel what a T67 non-dbb feels like.

My car runs 1.4 bar of boost on a daily basis, and I have run 1.8 bar at some events, with no signs of any wastegate issues.

As Martin said, I doubt you'd notice any difference between the two kits from behind the wheel. I can't comment on the PHR kit's components as I've never seen one in component form. Mine is a BL kit. The qualty is good and it's lasted over 2 years now with some fairly hard driving, and still going strong. :)

If you fancy a drive to Kent, you're more than welcome to have a drive of my car if you want to feel what a T67 non-dbb feels like.

My car runs 1.4 bar of boost on a daily basis, and I have run 1.8 bar at some events, with no signs of any wastegate issues.

As Martin said, I doubt you'd notice any difference between the two kits from behind the wheel. I can't comment on the PHR kit's components as I've never seen one in component form. Mine is a BL kit. The qualty is good and it's lasted over 2 years now with some fairly hard driving, and still going strong. :)

I appreciate the offer mate, and will do just that! Will pm you soonish;)

I have never had a BL kit in front of me so cannot comment - however, I believe the quality is very good. The number of BL kit owners on here must say something.

I have worked with a PHR stage 1 kit and to be honest I was blown away with the quality of the kit. I don't think there's ever been any doubts about PHR's quality but if you were having any, then don't. The PHR does have the nice turbo-intercooler pipe included which has shorter routing than passing through the wing.

Difficult choice - will probably just boil down to available budget. :)

I've heard there have been a number of issues with the BL manifold cracking. I have NO first hand experience of this, but if you do decide going for the BL kit, personally rather than spending the extra for a DBB turbo, I'd spend the extra on Arnout's excellent cast manifold. A non DBB turbo is not going to put your car off the road, but a cracked manifold will. Then when you've saved up, you can exchange the turbo, rather than having to find cash in a hurry to replace a cracked manifold to get the car back on the road. If you see what I mean!

That's not to say the HKS one's are any better, just that I've not heard of them cracking (but that could be likely to the fact I know less people who have them)

If you decide to go down the tubular BL manifold route, it might be worth trying to get some kind of warranty against it cracking???

If you speak to the BL dealers, they should be able to advise as to the best route.

I've heard there have been a number of issues with the BL manifold cracking. I have NO first hand experience of this, but if you do decide going for the BL kit, personally rather than spending the extra for a DBB turbo, I'd spend the extra on Arnout's excellent cast manifold. A non DBB turbo is not going to put your car off the road, but a cracked manifold will. Then when you've saved up, you can exchange the turbo, rather than having to find cash in a hurry to replace a cracked manifold to get the car back on the road. If you see what I mean!

That's not to say the HKS one's are any better, just that I've not heard of them cracking (but that could be likely to the fact I know less people who have them)

If you decide to go down the tubular BL manifold route, it might be worth trying to get some kind of warranty against it cracking???

If you speak to the BL dealers, they should be able to advise as to the best route.

I have read that the BL manifold is better than the one supplied by the PHR kit, thanks for the heads up.

Anyone more thoughts on the manifold cracking guys?

I think there's always a chance that any tubular manifold can crack. (some are more prone than others), As far as I'm aware, we've had no BL failures over here yet. As I've said, mines still going strong and as a 'toy' car, when it does come out, it's pretty fair to say it gets some abuse.

Whilst Arnouts manifold is very well made, it does mean that you need to then get all the pipework modified to make it fit. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any ready made 'kits' that will make the job a simple one, and it would certainly add to the cost.