The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time To Sell 93TT Manual import

GlennMR2

I think this car looks really good value for 8k.

Nice colour, expensive and desirable wheels, not high milage and most relevantly - it's a 6sp TT. What do you want for 8k? I'd have this car over any aeortop out there.

The only thing that might count against it is if it's been resprayed (hard to tell from the pics). I've got a feeling it's been resprayed that colour. Or is it stock Anthacite/MSB?

Has it been reprayed Glen? If so, what colour was it originally? What's the quality of the respray like?

Yeah but it looks like Gunmetal to me and that colour wasn't available on pre-facelift Supras. Unless it's Anthracite, which is similar. Is the car black everywhere inside, like under the carpet in the spare wheel well, for example?

If that's an original colour 8k is a steal IMO

Yeah but it looks like Gunmetal to me and that colour wasn't available on pre-facelift Supras. Unless it's Anthracite, which is similar. Is the car black everywhere inside, like under the carpet in the spare wheel well, for example?

If that's an original colour 8k is a steal IMO

i agree with Jake, it'd be criminal to drop the price any lower

The engine bay looks like it's been painted black.

What is the colour code number on the VIN plate?

HMMMMM, yeah - looks like a respray doesn't it. Would be interested to see the paintcode.

Did you add the front bumper or was it already on it?

Guest Bijal

this car is realy realy realy nice. the colour is awsome too.

i just think its a little under priced, but if your wanting a "quick sale" then i can sympathise with you on the price.

such a good car...ditch the boot install though mate...might help it to attract more interest (this is my opinion only :rolleyes: )

good luck with the sale and new flat.....

bijal

I love this...everyone says "that's too cheap" "don't lower your prices" Where on earth do you lot get your prices from?

I know you are all keen to keep prices stable but the thruth is they are plummeting!

I have been offered two aerotops (1 93 and 1 95) for between 7 & 7.5k in the last three weeks. 4 hardtops for 7 or under (1 manual and 3 auto's of varying ages) Some have needing some touching up and some haven't.

When I put my NA up for 6.5 everyone sayd "lovely car" "should sell quick" etc etc, and it did....why? Only because I lowered the price to 5.5.

IMHO you WILL get 8k for it IF you hang around until the buyer comes along that is looking for THAT car. Most likley you will get offered 7.5 a lot. I genuinely hope that you sell it for what you need for your flat mate, really I do.

I will be buying a car in the next week regardless, I have 7k cash in the bank today and can provide a deposit within the hour.

I guess for the seller it is always a trade off between a definate sale for 1grand less than posted (although they will ALWAYS be knocked down from the listed price), or hang on and hope you get the money you need when you need it but risk having to lower it even further to get a quicker sale at crunch time.

My view is "A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush", that's why I sold mine for the price I did.

There ya go, my two penneth lol

Not to detract from the sale, I'll remove this post if Glenn asks me to as this is not relaed directly to his sale, more the rose tinted specticals worn by some members. So please don't quote this post in case glenn wants it out of his thread.

Whilst agreeing in part with Stealthhosts..........

surely there must be more than £1500 between arguable the least desirable supra, a NA auto, and (again arguable) the most desirable a TT manual?

I see what you are saying mate, I was talking about dropping prices generally, perhaps I was confusing the issue by putting actual numbers in there.

I also think you *may* have missed the bit about already having been offerred two desirable supra aerotop TT's (one blue, one black) for less money than this which was the main crux of my post.

Of course it is worth what someone will pay and seeing as it is going towards a flat deposit I really hope someone comes through and buys it at the price he wants. It's just that "I" am not willing to pay that for it.

I have not seen one 6 Speed manual in the autotrader which comes anywhere as clean as Glenns for less than 8K, With that milleage and condition and those wheels, id say 8k is relatively cheap for such a car.

This is the Cheapest 6 speed manual on autotrader and compare it with Glenns, both the same year...Nuff said!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&variant=&keywords=speed&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=tw14+0aq&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=4&distance=146&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200624238984862

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.