The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what the strangest/funniest thing said

mathew

Guest Garfy

One of the best was when I'd just picked up my car a couple of days earlier. When I first went to see and test drive my car at JIC, I took a few photo's while I was there and had had one as my desktop background at work while I was waiting for the paperwork to clear etc. anyway, this particular day we'd got a really annoying contractor in at work to set some new system up. He looked over my shoulder at the screen and said, "keep dreaming mate you might have one one day"... "I already have mate, it's parked in the car park now" :D

I had that as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you always get nice car mate, from your ones, i just reply. its allright

had some real small nipper come over, must have been like 9

'nice car' , i say 'do you know what it is' 'yeh supra' he says

must have been a young petrolhead

had some real small nipper come over, must have been like 9

'nice car' , i say 'do you know what it is' 'yeh supra' he says

must have been a young petrolhead

I've had the once twice too. Followed by "I've got one too...... on my playstation" :D

I haven't even got mine yet so being as enthusiastic about picking it up as you would expect I stuck Gran Turismo 3 on my PS2 and got myself a Supra and went racing.

When my Girlfriend came in from having a few (give or take 10) drinks with her mate she asked what I was doing, I told her and she looked at the screen and said "Your not spending all that money on a f**king Capri are you?

Priceless.

My favourite was:

Him: So what do you drive?

Me: Toyota Supra

Him: [Knowing nod] [pause] So what's that then? Two litres?

I'm sick of hearing: "So what's the 0-60?" Who cares? Why is everyone obsessed with 0-60? Who drives along and thinks "right, I'm going to show everyone how great my car is by stopping, then doing a 0-60"????

Firstly when they ask what it is an I say SUPRA they go "oh I like Subaru's" NO ITS NOT A BLOODY SUBARU!!!!

The batmobile comment has creeped up a few times but I find that funny!

I had one guy who got out a new M3 convertible and said nice what is it? a Porsche? he said the back looked like one but the front was ruined. I told him that Porsches all look the same and are crap so he said just cos I couldn't afford one so I laughed at him and said I'm only 21!