The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Beaten by an Evo

charlieboo

Fuel smell usually means dodgy oxygen sensor and the car can be running rich which will rob power,

are you double decat? i ask because you have the boost only at 0.9-1.0 bar, which sounds more like single decat,

a knackered IC with the hot temps we have wont be doing any good to your car and may explain the low boost in combination with the summer temps.

TBH id consider getting an IC first and then get the car dyno'd.

Guest lloydmcc
I do that myself quite regularly.

What's that noise? - Duno

What the BHP? - Duno

How loud does the stereo go? - Duno

pmsl

it must have been modified slightly. i didnt think my stock supra was as quick as i hoped but after bpu it was totally different

ive got a evo viii fq300 and had a bpu supra before... at high speeds im pretty confident the supra was way faster and felt much safer... i love my evo but its as areo dynamic as a brick going above 100 leptons imo.

both great cars lol

I agree with the boost being low for a double de-cat on stock turbos.

Changed your plugs recently? Maybe need to upgrade them if they are the same ones that were in there with the stock boost levels?

Not sure if that would add to the lack of performance. I use the Denso IK24's running at 1.2 BAR.

When i first went BPU, my old sup wasnt pulling very hard above 4000rpm yet the boost guage was showing a healthy 1.2bar...... turned out the fuel pump was fecked and wasnt up to the job, once i changed it though the difference was awesome, so it might be worth changing this :D

just had a thought, it could have been a Evo VI RS Sprint they look standard but a fair bit more powerful than a standard Evo.

330 bhp

1,255 kgs

0-60mph = 3.91secs

0-100mph = 10.22secs

60-100mph = 6.31secs

1/4 mile = 12.58 @ 110.96mph

Surely they'll out run a BPU supra up to naughty speeds ???

EVO_6_Sprint__sell.jpg

Sounds like somethings wrong with your car or driving! A stock Evo is an easy kill top end (you can even beat one from standing start if you launch hard in the dry) for a BPU supra

You are possibly loosing boost - what boost level do you go upto?

you should kill an evo after 110-120 my bpu uk auto reels them in after 120 even modded 8`s

you should kill an evo after 110-120 my bpu uk auto reels them in after 120 even modded 8`s

Charlieboo's original thread says from 50 to 110.

agreed a BPU supra shouldn't have problems at those speeds but he did, so either his car needs looking at or it wasn't a standard evo.

Guest dee_rz

Agreed with alot of points suprasteve has said here, easiest way to see whats going on is just get it on the rollers (dyno) and see what she's kicking out tbo it sounds like a fueling issue to me but also sounds as if poor parts will be a factor also, check it out on a dyno and sort fuelling or find any highlighted problems and you really shouldn't have a problem with an evo up top :)