The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Private plate

Matt H

I was on the DVLA website a week or so ago, noticed a plate on there for £225. it was S3 UPR, kinda like supra??? thought it was well worth the money, although ur car would have to be an S reg wouldnt it? not very clued up on the number plate laws :)

Yeah S reg or newer, carnt go on my car!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a good plate and good price, just no sure what i could pass the V as?

Mk V supra!!!

Never thought of that - sorry, brain still hasn't kicked into action after the weekend! I thought it looked a fantastic plate, and with the right spacing would look well smart on the supra. I had a look at their feedback - people seem to be happy & all seems legit & above board.... I'd snap at one at their prices if I didn't already have one - good luck with the searching mate :thumbs:

I got mine from this chap:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZdkregistrations

Buying it through him on eBay saved me close to £2500 compared with NewReg. Excellent service too, all very rapid.

Most of them just seem to have access to a central source for plates, they all list the same numbers but the service and price varies depending on who you use.

Matt,

Some people say they are a waste of money but I think bollocks to that. There is nothing better than a Supe cruising down the road with a decent body kit and a No.1 plate mounted. My wife and I have all of our cars and bikes with No.1 plates and it just makes them stand out – the neighbours don’t like it much though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards buddy, Andrew:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Some people say they are

Ive spent the last months and a bit looking for a private plate for my supra but i carnt find anything worth buying.

Matt

I'm with Matt on the private plate thing. I've just gone BPU and the next thing on my list is a private reg and some facelift headlights.

Without my L reg number plate and nasty yellow Jspec headlights I doubt most people would know how old my car was with these things changed.

As for a reg Matt, you really should try for something in suffix style (eg: MAT 123H). Most 'young' people wouldn't realise they had a date on them.

I reckon they're the next best thing to cherished and still reasonably priced. Anything in the prefix style looks naff imo. Especially as it can make your car look even older!

don't know what it's worth, but I'm liking the W7 SUP that's on my little beauty, shouldn't exactly be on it, as car was registered on the date it was imported, not as a 1996....still, can't complain hey:p

think a private plate tops the car off nicely, go for it and get yourself one!!

I'm with Matt on the private plate thing. I've just gone BPU and the next thing on my list is a private reg and some facelift headlights.

Without my L reg number plate and nasty yellow Jspec headlights I doubt most people would know how old my car was with these things changed.

As for a reg Matt, you really should try for something in suffix style (eg: MAT 123H). Most 'young' people wouldn't realise they had a date on them.

I reckon they're the next best thing to cherished and still reasonably priced. Anything in the prefix style looks naff imo. Especially as it can make your car look even older!

So mine M55 ASH would be prefix style......... As most think my car is a 95 until I tell them its a 98.......

• 3 months later...