The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car had a respray, now it's having a respray!!!

Bill Prawn

That seems to me to be about the 6th mucked up spray job this year by various people - there doesn't seem to be much of a professional standard in that industry - is there no professional body or anything? Seems you pays your (great deal of) money and takes your chance.

Well done to Envy for sticking by the customer in this case, as I would expect them to.

:looney:

If I was Gaz at Envy I'd get out of resprays. People keep letting him down :(

Yep, although our third (and final) painter who just done the Envy car is really something else. We have another project to do and if that goes just as well then we won't have a problem taking on more work. If not then we won't!

Gaz.

That seems to me to be about the 6th mucked up spray job this year by various people - there doesn't seem to be much of a professional standard in that industry - is there no professional body or anything? Seems you pays your (great deal of) money and takes your chance.

:looney:

Three letters for you: GVN

Anyone is free to inspect my car, I'll offer a tenner to anyone who can find a problem with it. ;)

The amount of compliments that I got this weekend about the quality of the paint job was pretty impressive. Mind you it was not cheap but you get what you pay for and I am very happy with the job.

i would too tbh as there will always be minor issues which can be resolved easy but the distance of clients will cause you headaches

Jurgen,

I was prepared to travel to where I thought the job would be done well.

Unfortunately this was not the case, but Envy are willing to put right what somebody they trusted has done wrong.

So I am prepared to travel back and get it sorted. It's a 500 mile round trip for me, but with the beauty of e-mails and digital photography Envy were able to see my complaints and able to decide on the course of action.

I don't think that distance of clients should hold you back. Does that mean that you would not sell a car to someone in Cornwall because of that thinking?

:)

You getting the cost of your petrol thrown in, Bill?

Jurgen,

Unfortunately this was not the case, but Envy are willing to put right what somebody they trusted has done wrong.

So I am prepared to travel back and get it sorted. It's a 500 mile round trip for me, but with the beauty of e-mails and digital photography Envy were able to see my complaints and able to decide on the course of action.

I don't think that distance of clients should hold you back. Does that mean that you would not sell a car to someone in Cornwall because of that thinking?

Jurgen,

no not for cars but if they had small issue it would be nice to resolve it without causing any inconvience by distance travelling, but hey if your happy to travel then thats great i am having a particular problem with a tuner and my car at the moment and its annoying me going forth and back but thtas just me but the envy guys are good and will sort your issues out its just a shame they have been let down by their guy and now your having to travel etc etc so its causing everyone inconvience or stress or something lol this is in my opinion of course so thats why i wouldnt do the spray kind of things as you can leave yourself wide open. thats my 2p

Well done to you Mr Prawn on highlighting good service there:thumbs:

I myself am holding out for a solution to some issues i have had with a dealer before posting my experiences on here:taped: , in the hope that he will eventually at least meet me half way.But 6 weeks on and my patience is running out.:rolleyes:

no not for cars but if they had small issue it would be nice to resolve it without causing any inconvience by distance travelling, but hey if your happy to travel then thats great i am having a particular problem with a tuner and my car at the moment and its annoying me going forth and back but thtas just me but the envy guys are good and will sort your issues out its just a shame they have been let down by their guy and now your having to travel etc etc so its causing everyone inconvience or stress or something lol this is in my opinion of course so thats why i wouldnt do the spray kind of things as you can leave yourself wide open. thats my 2p

yeah i know that feeling it can be a pain

Well done to you Mr Prawn on highlighting good service there:thumbs:

I myself am holding out for a solution to some issues i have had with a dealer before posting my experiences on here:taped: , in the hope that he will eventually at least meet me half way.But 6 weeks on and my patience is running out.:rolleyes:

Name and shame :D

• 2 weeks later...