The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Santa Pod today

samsupra37

Guest gzaerojon

well done guys, i think you did very well considering :)

i think the sand helped but the fanta did the trick really ;)

its a shame i was busy all day yesterday otherwise i would've come up with wayne to help you all out

great day though, i look like a panda now (had the sun glasses on all day :innocent:)

Get a tolley jack, weld the clutch *grin*.....

When it is time to launch just lower the trolley jack *grin*...... and pray you time the changes right when you slide it into gear.

Not quite sure what you would have to do at the end.....

That said, that car was very impressive when we went out in it.. so yeah, 10's aren't going to be difficult

Forgot to say Thank you to Wayne, Chris and Jenny for displaying thier cars on our stand.

Also need to say thank you to the guy (did not tell me his name but is a forum member) for buying me an Ice cream out of the blue.

Any time :)

Sorry I did not make it up on sunday.. I developed a bad miss above 5K rpm on the way home showing a motorbike how to play.

All sorted now though.. :)

What had caused that? The clutch exploding? or just stress? Maybe we need to ask Ryan Woon for geabox advice too now. :lol:

i belive there is a uprated one available that is what the like of mr woon run but i think greg will have it rewelded on both sides a see how it goes

Hi Guys,

Had a great w'end! Nice to meet the usuals again, Homer, Ro. Was gona chat to you James about how your car is going (to try and understand a few things you have done) but every time i saw you you were deep in conversation.

Thanks for coming over to say hello Wayne, first thing you mentioned was if i had got my cam covers fitted, with out meaning to sound rude, i was thinking 'who the hell are you!' :) but thanks anyway mate. Sorry i couldnt help further with finding any sand for Greg's car, after travelling from one end of the track to the other looking with you, i thought i best go find the mrs again ;)

I got some pics and some video footage of the day, but am having a bit of grief getting the .vro files transfered to something readable on my pc, just downloading something now as a couple of bits need to be removed first. Its not great footage as it was the first time it was used, but better than nothing. Not sure what peoples views are on number plates being on show in a film, but i havent a clue how to edit them, so might well post them up in members chat.

Christian

A few pics that my mrs took, not many of othee peoples cars there so apologies. Have also realised that when taking pics with her new camcorder, the resolution is gona need to be set to high, as these seem really poor quality and i'm sure it can take better. I'll get some videos up soon, got some editing software now so i can break them up a bit....

A few pics that my mrs took, not many of othee peoples cars there so apologies. Have also realised that when taking pics with her new camcorder, the resolution is gona need to be set to high, as these seem really poor quality and i'm sure it can take better. I'll get some videos up soon, got some editing software now so i can break them up a bit....

Those pictures are fine!

About taking static pictures with a cam-corder - don't bother if you have a regular camera :( They are never as good as pictures from a regular digital camera regardless of the resolution, and the reason is that the pixels on a video camera are ovals rather than rectangles, meaning that they don't tesselate perfectly. It's fine for moving images, but obviously you miss some of the image in a static frame. This is what I was told anyway.

Still love those wheels!

Thanks mate - tesselate! thats a new word for me today :)

they just look really bitty

Yeah, that bittiness is caused by the transition from oval pixels to rectangular ones - there's a gap in the image data for want of a better word, so the resulting guess work muddies each pixel. It sucks, but that's the way it is...I only found out after buying a £750 video camera :(

Thanks Bobbeh and MarkTheBoy.

Bobbeh, i think i've only just realised which motor was yours from looking at your garage just now. Think it was parked to the left of mine? Wheels looked very nice on it :thumbs:

It would have been nicer to have a bit more of a wander and chat with people from the club, but there were so many things on the timetable i wanted to see :) dont know how many times i trecked from the strip and back to the car that day!

Yeah, I was about 2 cars up close to yours, 3 blackies together :)

It was funny, some guy (non supra owner) was looking at your wheels, trying to get info about them and stuff by looking at the writing on the wheels, he was noting all the details :D