The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1/4 mile Drag times and Speeds

Sumo Power

Originally posted by Sumo Power

Hi all.

I know there is another thread about this as I searched and found it however it goes off the rails a bit and is confusing/ dont know if the times are upto date.

What is the fastest Supra in the UK for :-

Top Speed

1/4 Mile

0-60mph

Also, who has the most power dyno proven and how much power is it at the wheels?

Would like to know as we will now be building a Sumo Supra for this year and this info would be interesting to see.

We have neglected Supra's for too long even though we cater for them extensively ( due to producing the R34 GTR ), this year it will change, hope to meet a few of you guys this year

Roll on Santa Pod:innocent:

Very exciting news Andy.

You can use mine to build onto if you like:) Don't mind wearing Sumo stickers if it goes like stink :)

and may I add:

8.54@168 Nero Titan Motorsports Now on a glide

8.9@163 on the stock 6 speed

9.57@150 Ara Arslanian Bullish Racing Videos here 6 speed

* 9.78@155 Veilside of Japan Sequential on Drag Radials

9.81@154 SW Turboimports/Performance Motorsports 9.81 Video 6 Speed/Full Weight Street Car!!!

9.96@145 Matt Miller MSP 6 Speed/No Nitrous/Full Weight Street car!!!

:innocent:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110710

Quote all you want guys and go build your 6 speeds and we'll see how fast you can run the 1/4 , but do take into account a lot of these cars are driven by professional drivers , you will NEVER get a 6 speed to run the 1/4 as fast as an auto and remain street driveable !!!!!!

Bobbeh yup your right there, as soon as the oll ceramics come off the differences get a lot less and we will allmost have the same cars , hell maybe we can become blood brothers or something ;) i'll even wait for you at the end of the strip :thumbs:

Meanwhile any of you stick pushing faggots want a wager just let me know :D

go back to the HP freaks site and look at the times 70% of the cars are 6 speeds and the autos are all consitantly faster mod for mod !!!!!:cool:

dude:flame Dev

Gaz stop quoting times like that ....Im dreaming of getting near the tens let alone 9's or under.Its making my wallet cry just thinking about it :looney: Ill have to get the supe to move first its sat on my drive for a year ...oh well keep saving:sly:

ohh im wiv u there bobbeh....:thumbs:

9.81@154 SW Turboimports/Performance Motorsports 9.81 Video 6 Speed/Full Weight Street Car!!!

Bloody hell, that's quick.

Andy, I look forward to see what you come up with to try to better these US times. Glad you are doing it with a manual too.

Good luck

Dan

Hi all.

So I guess that Leon's car is the fastest/quickest over here then, by the way, a T78 turbo is a 700bhp turbo, if you have terminal speeds of 110-115mph, you dont have 700bhp, ie the T78 car is not running full boost/power. With 700bhp would expect terminals of 130ish regardless of initial traction at the line.

Speed is horsepower

ET is the setup of the car

The drag strip is the lie detector, if you have the power, your terminal speeds will show this in your speed.

Anyone going to Santa Pod this Sunday, first meeting of the year, if the weather is good, I will be there.

By the way, you guys know that we have a two wheel drive dyno dynamics rolling road down here dont you? Rated to 800 RWHP. ;) Its available, no wheelspin.

Maybe see some of you on Sunday, I will probably be in either our Spoon Civic or my Stagea.

Guest Terry S

Welcome Andy.

Guys, you know I love the 6 speed, but the simply fact is a built auto is quicker over the 1/4. Put one on a circuit & it's a very different story.

Originally posted by Matt B

Welcome aboard Andy,

That's great news about you guys building a Soop. :)

Can't wait to see the end result....

By the way, I always wanted to ask where you had the airbrushing done on your Cam Cover on the R34?

Looks the nutz IMO...:D

Sorry I forgot to reply to your question.

The Cam covers were done by a company I contacted after the Autosport show last year, to be honest I dont want to give thier details here, they did a great job however they almost doubled the price halfway through the job when they found out what car they were for, ie Skyline. I would rather not recommend them purely for this reason. If you check the net, just look around for custom airbrush companies, there are loads, mostly for bikers etc building custom bikes. Sorry to be unhelpful with this info but wouldnt want anyone else to get the same treatment.