The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A thoughts

DannySZ

not sure TBH, could make more than average as it may be exactly 'the look' someone is after.........

I'd get a facelift manual if you can, i think most agree the facelift touches whilst minor do add to the look, 6 speeds helps keep it in the top rev range when neccessary, from memory it only drops approx 1500-2000rpm per change and lsd (standard on the 6 speed manuals) helps with traction off the line, plus two of the three mentioned have the larger 'uk' brakes that are very seldom found on prefacelift NA's........

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NA against a CTR is quite close, with the NA just edging it.

I can't understand why people would think a "hot hatch" with 200-240 crank HP going through its front wheels would out launch an NA supe with 225 crank HP going through it's chunky rear wheels. Surely these overpowered FWD cars are at their weakest off the line when there's far too much power available. Just watch the Stig try to launch some of the hot hatches on Top Gear - even he seems to get way too much wheelspin and a poor getaway. Up against a hot hatch from a standing start your biggest advantage in the RWD Supe is the launch. As Scooter says, with a good grippy road surface it's a piece of cake to launch, 4,000 revs, drop the clutch and it shoots off like a cannonball.

:looney: