The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tinted my rear lights this evening.

Sub_Culture

Well, by lacquering them, it should give them some reflective quality, so as long as you don't meet too much of an arsehole MOT-er and you dont go TOO dark (I could have gone a lot darker, you need to know when to stop. Very easy to over do it, as they go even darker as it dries), you should be okay. Mine is due an MOT in a week or so, so I will report back!

Andy

let us know, i would have done this a while ago but wasnt sure about the mot. i had the lights on my old 200sx painted lighty when it got sprayed, looked great, but i crashed it before it got to an mot:(

Andy, that looks fooking great, and I want this done to mine, depsite them being face lift rears, but as I have a gun metal colour, I reckon the darkened lights will look the nuts......

Croydon you say :D, Im B/Stoke, if I was to grab whats required you reckon you could give us a hand if I came to you, Im just not very confident when it comes to things like this, and wouldnt want to mess up my face lift lights.

Also why the fuck does your Supe look so wide from the rear, is it just cause of the dropped spoiler........I was thinking that had to be a wide body...?? EDITED: You have a different boot lid on dont you, thats whats doing it ?????

Andy, that looks fooking great, and I want this done to mine, depsite them being face lift rears, but as I have a gun metal colour, I reckon the darkened lights will look the nuts......

Croydon you say :D, Im B/Stoke, if I was to grab whats required you reckon you could give us a hand if I came to you, Im just not very confident when it comes to things like this, and wouldnt want to mess up my face lift lights.

Also why the fuck does your Supe look so wide from the rear, is it just cause of the dropped spoiler........I was thinking that had to be a wide body...?? EDITED: You have a different boot lid on dont you, thats whats doing it ?????

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Yes, mate, of course I'll help! Anytime, let me know when your free.

lol, and yeah, she does look wider without the spoiler, doesnt she?? Quite a few people have said this. I think losing the spoiler really does show off the curves of the car much better.

Andy

I think that looks lush, was unsure on a white car at first but I keep looking, and keep liking. I'm guessing that was black tint. Dont they do lighter shades ie greys?

Have you done your side repeaters too? Was wondering what that would look like?

Thanks very much, everyone, it's really encouraging to hear such positive comments, especially on such a 'cahvvish' mod by owners such as yourselves.

Ive been busy today too. My diffuser wasn't perfect, so I masked up some of the car today, and blacked it with aerosol today... well happy, will upload some pictures in a bit and put them on a new thread. Really matches in great with the rear lights. Really pleased Ive done them both now, it's like a mini facelift!

Andy

P.S. They look GREAT on a black car!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Yes, mate, of course I'll help! Anytime, let me know when your free.

lol, and yeah, she does look wider without the spoiler, doesnt she?? Quite a few people have said this. I think losing the spoiler really does show off the curves of the car much better.

Andy

I'll hold you to that mate ;)

those tints look the muts nuts mate. Really stand out on a white car. Any ideas what they'd look like on a met blue? And has anyone got any uk spec front lights for sale? The ones on mine are very misty. And is it true you need to drop the front end off to fit them. Had heard this and don't know if I should try it myself. Any info would really help.

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the compliments, mate. Not sure what they would look like on a blue car.... probably pretty good though! I think they are a cheaper and slightly different alternative to alte specs.

As for front lights... someone normally has a set for sale if you check out the for sale pages, plus some of the traders might be able to help you. As for fitting.... just a few bolts, mate. Nothing complicated! Definitely dont need to drop the front end off! more like you have to take the lights out to drop the front end off, as there are bolts under the lights which hold the bumper in place.

Andy