The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Owners - Please comment.

dandan

I've been in Terry's car and another VVTI T67 - Terry's (car!) was feistier and faster!

On a serious note make sure you get your turbo kit from someone who knows their stuff specifically for Supra and I mean someone who has years of in-depth knowledge. I say this because I know of Supra owners who are having small singles fitted that make full boost at 4K revs! Needless to say he is guttted...!

IMO i would defo go for at BL,T61. i have palyed with many cars including ones with bigger turbos than mine but because they are waiting cos of the lag i can pull several car lenghts on them wich makes it harder for them to catch up... i saw a freshly improted Greddy T78 on the dyno yesterday and at about 1.5 bar/ 23psi it made 424BHP ATW wich is 10BHP less than mine.. LMAO.. so as Terry has said size isnt everything matey and it is down to the mapping aswell.

But please please listen to the pro's on here and not the people who thinki they are... Always buy supra specific for your car.. i know of alest one in particular at the mo that has had a kit fitted andis that unhappy about the quality he is taking it off!! so spend your money in the right places fella and ypou will have the perfect setup for the road... if you want to PM me i am more than happy to go over my spec with you

IMO i would defo go for at BL,T61. i have palyed with many cars including ones with bigger turbos than mine but because they are waiting cos of the lag i can pull several car lenghts on them wich makes it harder for them to catch up... i saw a freshly improted Greddy T78 on the dyno yesterday and at about 1.5 bar/ 23psi it made 424BHP ATW wich is 10BHP less than mine.. LMAO.. so as Terry has said size isnt everything matey and it is down to the mapping aswell.

But please please listen to the pro's on here and not the people who thinki they are... Always buy supra specific for your car.. i know of alest one in particular at the mo that has had a kit fitted andis that unhappy about the quality he is taking it off!! so spend your money in the right places fella and ypou will have the perfect setup for the road... if you want to PM me i am more than happy to go over my spec with you

T61 on an auto is that i'd do, 67 base is great on a 6 speed though.

Guest bazza

well ive just got my supra back from phoenix were i had a new short block fitted with competition rods and apr bolts a t61 kit and various fueling upgrades ( walbro fuel pump ,550mm injectors ,fpr ,safc2,and afr gauge) and in the few days ive had it back ,its been a very different drive from what it used to be.which leads me on to my question ,WHICH FMIC DO I BYE any surgestion greatly appreciated PS BIG THANKS TO MARK AND PAUL AT PHOENIX ,AND TO TERRY FOR HIS HELP AND PATIENCE WITH THE SETUP AND TO MATT FOR HIS HELP WITH THE ELECTRONICS

I've been in Terry's car and another VVTI T67 - Terry's (car!) was feistier and faster!

On a serious note make sure you get your turbo kit from someone who knows their stuff specifically for Supra and I mean someone who has years of in-depth knowledge. I say this because I know of Supra owners who are having small singles fitted that make full boost at 4K revs! Needless to say he is guttted...!

Yeah that, i know him too, hope he gets it all sorted out.

Guest bazza

yeah cheers terry ,i know you told me ,just fishing for more opinion's thats all ,and alex you know what i meant lol (cc that is ) ;) ;) ;) :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: