The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Bonnet

grahamc

Guest blueangel

Thats just the lip being build with amix of moulding foam and glass fibre+filler

that was also a few weeks ago it looks alot neater now.

Cheers,what did you do cut slots ,bend down bonnet then fiberglass??carbon sheets/vents then riveted to brackets??.

Looks real good.

D.

Darren theys a pic of the rear of the bonnet here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=69699

the vent internals are made from 1mm ally sheet glued and riveted to the bonnet, originally i was going to bend the bonnet down to form the lips but realised this would cause to much distortion so went with the ally i have quite a bit of experience in sheet matal/fabrication so this seemed logical to me but fibre glass would work as well, if you want any more pics or measurements give me a shout

Love the half truck thingy!!

Good bonnet pic ,thanks

Did cutting the struts off the bottom make it flimsy or is it still quite stiff.

Now ive seen the bottom im even more impressed that the top looks so smooth ..

I wish i could do things like that.

Post pics when painted as i would love to see it finished.

D.

Love the half truck thingy!!

Good bonnet pic ,thanks

Did cutting the struts off the bottom make it flimsy or is it still quite stiff.

Now ive seen the bottom im even more impressed that the top looks so smooth ..

I wish i could do things like that.

Post pics when painted as i would love to see it finished.

D.

yeah it did make the bonnet less rigid i have put a new centre strengthening piece in and will add some more, i wish i had kept all the strengthening when i chopped it off but like a muppet i binned it lol

i've always loved the Do-Luck bonnets, one is more aggressive than the other but has a smaller vent, but both are the 'intruding' style as Carlos puts it

http://www.do-luck.co.uk/jza80bk.htm

Scoot do a fantastic one for the RX-7 which is now starting to be seen quite often

How this is the first bonnet to have inspired me, then I found that Ferrari one, quite similar...

DoLuck has some awesome parts, front bumper and bonnet!!!

G

How this is the first bonnet to have inspired me, then I found that Ferrari one, quite similar...

DoLuck has some awesome parts, front bumper and bonnet!!!

G

i've got the front bumper & absolutely love it, even more than the ridox i had before. also goes well with the C-West skirts i have on mine as the lines seem to match up on them

i hope to have one of the bonnets & the earlier wing one day i think, when i fancy a change to the styling - some more performance mods first though i think :eyebrows:

stop giving me ideas i still have a "spare" bonnet in the garage:(

lol, if you can make a Supra Scoot bonnet with your spare, i know someone who will have it off you! ME!

there's a guy who goes to Mascrat Manor, with an RX-7, who had a variation of the Scoot one done by someone in japan & it cost him around a grand i believe to be done custom to his requirements, in carbon fibre

if you can make your own & you've nothing better to do then it must be fantastic to have something so unique

When I break the current front bumper, "learning" one... Then its the DoLuck one...

Got a custom Bomex style front bumper, needs some work on it, etc. Idea is that I have to learn to drive the new TT supra, so not going to try with a DoLuck front...

g