The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie query? how much for good mk4 supra?? (mr2 turbo owner).

Guest jimTurbo

I drove my old mr2 the other day (as it has been passed down to two of my friends) and miss how nimble, fun and exciting they are to drive round the back roads. What did surprise me is how slow it felt after 3 years of owning a supra.

When I sell my supra im really going to miss its presence and unbeatable power. But I don’t find it as much fun to drive as a 2.

Know what you meen about the 2's. miss my old one. What do you have done to her?

HKS air filter, HKS manifold, downpipe, decat mid pipe and tail pipe. HKS adjustable fuel pressure regulator, HKS fcd, Blitz SBC-spec R boost controller, TTE grpA head bolts, TRD grpA head gasket, TTE headgasket set, Recirculating dump valve, NGK platinum plugs and Denso leads, Pagid trackday/fast road pads all round. Black Diamond grooved discs. Bilstien struts with 20% damping increase. Springs with 40mm drop. Sparco/Racing Crimson Lite 16 inch alloys. 272bhp, 280lbs/ft (at G-Force).

• 1 month later...
Guest jimTurbo

thanks peeps for your help, but i decided it was alot less hassle and dosh just to fit a slightly bigger turbo (ct20b, the one i got had a proven 300 at hubs at 1bar on another rev3 car) and fit a nice sublte but mean bodykit, i know this is a supra forum, but a few of you seem fans of the mr2 turbo, so here are some pics......(fully colour coded, sideskirts, greddy lip and center panel painted and rear light edges painted)......

Nice car mate I remember you from IMOC

I love the supra but as stated by others it is a whole different car. My MR2T was amazing, I will always have a softspot for them but I felt the supra is a definate step up. It all depends what you want out of the car. The rear seats in the supra are a bit of a joke but theres a lot more space than the '2.

I would think the supra would be a better base to tune, but saying that the MR2 seems made for the 1/4 mile which seems more your sort of thing. Launching a supra can be an art (6 speed) whereas the '2 just lauches off the line. Handling is not really comparable either, at higher speeds the supra WILL be more stable but at lower speeds the '2 is like a go-kart with a rocket engine.

Supras are also a LOT easier to work on ;)

Guest jimTurbo
Nice car mate I remember you from IMOC

I love the supra but as stated by others it is a whole different car. My MR2T was amazing, I will always have a softspot for them but I felt the supra is a definate step up. It all depends what you want out of the car. The rear seats in the supra are a bit of a joke but theres a lot more space than the '2.

I would think the supra would be a better base to tune, but saying that the MR2 seems made for the 1/4 mile which seems more your sort of thing. Launching a supra can be an art (6 speed) whereas the '2 just lauches off the line. Handling is not really comparable either, at higher speeds the supra WILL be more stable but at lower speeds the '2 is like a go-kart with a rocket engine.

Supras are also a LOT easier to work on ;)

all true........am happy with what ive done now, power is nice (around 230-240whp approx, maybe more) which seems to be more than enough for the road in this little thing (turbo only been on less than a week, so ill prob get used to it soon :-() high 12s 1/4 is poss now in the right hands.

id still love a supra tho, lol....maybe a couple more years down the line who knows. :cool:

thanks for the feedback/advice peeps.