The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my car went for jigging today and .......

jamesmark

Sorry to hear this...

Depends how bad the damage was. Usually if a chassis rail is kinked to the extent that pulling it straight is going to leave a weak spot, the car would be written off as a cat b. If you ever get the chance to watch a car being jigged, go and take a look. It's absolutely amazing! I remember watching a really hard hit supra being pulled, and it looked like it was made of tin foil! Once the dozer arm starts pulling, you can visibly see the gaps coming back and the panels and roof straighten before your eyes. Crazy stuff. Hence the usual high price for a jig session. :)

sounds cool

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am bloody scared now lol

as for the weak spot i hope i never have the chance of finding that out, this car cause of the damage is going to be with me for a long time, i would not have the balls to sell it on

plus i would be a fool to throw away the money i have speant getting her right

If it drove it'l be nowhere near that bad mate. Its major kinks that create weak spots. Dont worry about it, the jig will pull her straight. :)

cheers mate, i just want to get the old girl right, will be contacting you in the future re the petrol tank and the gubbings, any ideas of a cost of it i would more likely collect

cheers mate, i just want to get the old girl right, will be contacting you in the future re the petrol tank and the gubbings, any ideas of a cost of it i would more likely collect

Sounds like you've had a bit of a duff time with your car mate, so i'll sort out a big discount if you collect it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

ok just off the phone to the guy thats got the jigging going for me, its been away since the 17th april and its still not pulled, anyway the story so far has this to add:-

tha cars floor looks straight and does not appear to be buckled in anyway, the front is 95% done and just needs pulling slightly to bring it back down, how ever i noticed my rear wheels were slightly out too, this havs been measured and the back sub frame is twisted out by appx 40mm, so its now getting pulled very very slowly but the back sub frame is a very strong part (it maust have been really banged in the rear to buckle that) so its going slowly till its either straight or its straighter without causeing any more damage, the guys that are doing it are being really good about her as only charging £650 for the lot as long as then can do it in there time around there buisness,

i really dont want to get to excited incase i phone next week and they cant pull it straight and i have to get a new rear subframe which will cost in the region of £1k fitted, but i think as long as they get here straighter i will save up for the subframe and continue with the respray as she looks tired, just pissed off that someone could have treated her like this and then repaired and done such a terrible job at making her look nice again (sly stallones mother spring to mind)

i aint gonna sell her on as i only had her since boxing day and spent a shit load on her and plus i would not have the heart to sell her incase i sold her to an idiot that would never know and he does not have as much money as me (

all i can say is i will get her up there and at least i am putting in the effort to get the old girl back to her glory, the way she should have been treated

Mark, I heard about this from Peter yesterday. Gutted for you. Hope it gets sorted without costing the Earth.

so far mate the guy is sticking to his original £650 quote, its if they cant straighten it that i will have to pit the respray on hold and get a sub frame put in. even the guy thats doign my respray is being sound about it, he has actually refused to respray it untill it gets to a certain level or a new sub frame has been put on it

Y'know, I'd go for getting it sorted structurally before any cosmetic stuff.

She may look tired but a few hours with some Autoglym and elbow grease will make her look loads better.

i thought about that martin, but the skirts are an awful fit and i mean that they are that awful is embarassing, also with the damage the spoiler lets in water so i have to come to some sort of compromise

hopefully she will be straightened as once she is straight she wont go back to being buckled unless i smack her off a kirb or similar,

if she cant be straightened then the respray WILL be left and a new subframe fitted

mark i hope u get this sorted soon!!

cheers mate, i hope so too,:rolleyes:

Mark,

sorry matey, will see you soon in her and she will look great I am sure

hopefully mate, I am down to go to JAE and i want to get her sorted for that, if not its gonna be JAE 2007:(

next update will be tuesday next week if any news