The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High Speed Boost Question

Matt H

the hks evc iv on mine drops the boost to stock levels if it reaches the preset warning, set to 1 bar, warning was also 1 bar so when it exceeded this slightly it beeped away and cut boost, not sure what 'stock boost' is though. Same happens when it is set to high 1.2 bar with the warning at 1.2, if it slightly exceeds this then the boost will drop. Sound like the problem you have?

does sound like a misfire fits the description, as if the plugs aren't sparking properly or fuel starvation?

a visit to a decent rolling road who can measure your fuelling as it happens is an option? AwesomeGTI in Manchester were good last time we went. it'll cost you £60 to turn up & get a session with them or wait for a group day & it's about £35 (but they don't always measure fuelling on group days).

If it's doing this even when your boost controller is switched off, it is possible you don't have a restrictor ring in the exhaust & so there's nothing stopping the boost going above what it should be doing? i remember Mr Wilson telling me that even if you have a boost controller you still need a restrictor ring :)

• 1 month later...