The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thought I should say hi!

i-macca

Cheers for all the nice non-pink comments guys :D

Got a Blitz exhaust, CW downpipes, HKS dump valve and a K+N filter on the way with a few service items. I've also got an Apexi AVC-R from my old car to put on at some point, but I think I'll get used to driving it a bit first, don't want to go too mad :innocent:

Haven't been out that way for a while, some nice roads around there and Lydd though, nice and flat ;)

Cheers, will give that one a try. They were a lot worse but I had the car valeted a few days ago and they got the majority off. Was also suprised how well the seats came up considering the mileage..

Well, there's a bit of a sad story behind it which I won't go in to on here, but 5k.. :blink:

5K is an amazing price....Thought it might have been a write off or something. But fair play...pretty much got the car at half price....Very very lucky!!!

No write off, no.. Just right place at the right time!

Planning exhaust, downpipes, full service including some iridium plugs, sort the couple of small bits on the bodywork and at some point find some nicer wheels for it. Oh and put my AVC-R in to spice things up a tad ;)

Found some drops of oil in front of the offside rear wheel earlier.. 'Oh dear' me thinks, so I did a little search for diff cooler on here..

Seems to be a common problem on UK cars? So I've just had the wheel off and spent 20 minutes digging small chunks of Surrey and Kent out of the wheel arch and pipework and found a rather bollocksed looking oil cooler. Went to take the pipes off and the bottom pipe had a big hole in it and all four mounts for the cooler had disintegrated and it just fell off in my hands. Luckily had some hose in the shed so have bypassed the cooler and no more oil leak.

Will get the car to a mates garage in the morning and up on the ramp to check the diffs oil level. First time I've noticed it though so I think the most I've probably lost is a couple of teaspoons full :)

Welcome mate, nice motor btw:)

Yeah, diff cooler can be a problem. The whole thing rotting isn't common but mine had corroded through the lower part of one the elbows where the rubber hose fits onto it. I just got a new piece of longer hose and a jubilee clip to cover the hole and it's been fine for years.

Someone fitted a Mocal one some years back, cheaper and better than the Toyota one and it fitted in the same place with slight bracket mod.

Paul