The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello All

Guest Tony Turbo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Elvington had a Scooby day a while back, couldn't we do that? I had about 15 runs or more, much better than 3 you normally get at places.....

Paul

So after all that practice you still cant do any better than 13.4?:p

I'm with Mr Willis, come near me (if you can) and I will destroy your lardy, headlight washered ass!!:D

Its a good idea, but it wouldn't be subjective - there are way too many variables to get a definitive answer. The nearest thing we've had are the 'stock turbo bunfights' which have been won by j-specs (i think, correct me if i'm wrong)...

For now, we'll just continue arguing :D

I have, but I only picked the car up that morning and then drove it straight to 10 of the best, now thats driving by the seat of your pants, bet you couldnt have picked your car up and thrash it down the track at 164mph in the same morning. But due to my lack of getting to know the car, only ran it in best sub 15, maybe late 14's, still I beat the bloke who I bought it from, that was please'ing on the day......

Diff cooler? - Extra weight.

Underseal? - More weight.

Bigger brakes? - Added weight. (optional on even '93 j-spec's BTW)

Glass headlights? - Even more weight.

Front mounted dildo's? - Yup you guessed it, more weight.

17" Wheels? - ...are heavier than 16's.

Plus there's the UK spec's jelly suspension (prone to leaking apparently), useless EGR system, SMALLER turbo's, the need to buy some kind of boost controller to up the boost. I'll stop there, but not because I've run out of more reasons why the J-Spec is king. :D

13.4 with just a decat and exhaust? Try 13.12... With a boost leak, and bald tyres, on a scorching hot day, and a strong headwind so only getting a trap speed of 107mph. :innocent:

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Surely that would be too your advantage wouldnt it.....

No, unlike slicks, road tyres do not perform their best with no tread. And with no FMIC and an induction kit sucking in nice hot air from the engine bay, the temperature didn't do me any favours.

Originally posted by Thorin

:innocent:

No Diff cooler? - Overheated Diff.

No Underseal? - Rot.

No Bigger brakes? - Collisions.

No Glass headlights? - Discoloured Yellow ones for you then.

No Front mounted dildo's? - Yup you guessed it, Dirty Headlamps.

17" Wheels? - ...are heavier than 16's (need room for bigger stoppers, essential... (see No Bigger brakes..))

Heheehe:music:

ROFL at the underseal comment. On British roads if you dont have it you'll rot to the ground. Wasnt yours done during its SVA?

Glass headlights give a better look to the car, dont go yellow and help project more light to give better vision, the rest of it is opinion ;)

Oh and I dont think anyone in their right mind would rather have J-Spec brakes than UK's!

Are you kidding? Is this why people say the UK's are lardy? The weight difference on those listed is nothing!! lol :D

Originally posted by Thorin

13.4 with just a decat and exhaust? Try 13.12

Excellent, I was hoping a J-speccer would come and say that. Warm air means less dense which means less power as well;)

I personally got a J-spec because they were alot cheaper, and (generally) have a lot less mileage that a UK version.

To be honest it was only after I bought the car and found this site that I found the J-specs were superior!:D ;)