The mkiv Supra Owners Club

f**kin clutch

JamieP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a drive of my mates car with the RPS carbon/carbon in and it was lovely, ust like a stock clutch and can handle 1000 bhp!! cant be bad ;)

the HKS triple was one of the reasons mine was un-driveable :( just wish i knew then what i know now and i would have changed it and kept the car lol

Good luck with it bud

Mike

Guest Terry S
what is this mod then Terry?

HKS used to sell a mod for the slave cylinder to help people with the HKS triple have acceptable engagement. Not sure if they still do, and I dont know the specifics as I have never seen it, just been told it works. I have modifed a new slave cylinder to help with enagagement/travel. I cant swear its brilliant as I changed at the same time as I changed clutches, but I am very happy with the way the setup performs.

Guest Terry S
what did you do to your slave Terry? is it something i can do? ive got the slave sat in the garage and anything i can do to help the engagement of the clutch i want to do before i install it in the car

PM me please lee

Guest Usmann A

RPS CC is a good clutch. I did hear them having the snap rings coming off tho, so RPS were selling a special loctite, but then again, I know of a handful running them without probs over here for a long time now.

Try driving that with an TB that is idle or 3000rpm. LOL

Tel, how is she these days? long time, u still use AIM?

Gutted for ya bud.... Maybe you should have bought an Auto...lol, na seriously bud, really sorry for ya

Yeah, Jamie, and if you wanna swop........:D

At least taking the front of means tidying up the bottom too after all the modifications that have happened to it when finding new driveways etc.... :)

Yeah, Jamie, and if you wanna swop........:D

At least taking the front of means tidying up the bottom too after all the modifications that have happened to it when finding new driveways etc.... :)

yea thats it mate, was looking tatty anyhow so not really bothered, it will be like new in a day or two:)

The guy who I sit next to at work has just started (he's my replacement) but he's just left AP racing, where he designed clutches for motors from Merc CLK LM's right through to F1. I'll have a chat with him tomorrow and find out what's the key to decent clutch engagement. After all I can't see the people who buy the likes of a Bugatti Veyron, which probably has a lot more torque than most people's Sup's, being happy with it stalling everytime they get into traffic.

The guy who I sit next to at work has just started (he's my replacement) but he's just left AP racing, where he designed clutches for motors from Merc CLK LM's right through to F1. I'll have a chat with him tomorrow and find out what's the key to decent clutch engagement. After all I can't see the people who buy the likes of a Bugatti Veyron, which probably has a lot more torque than most people's Sup's, being happy with it stalling everytime they get into traffic.

keep us updated

keep us updated

I've just had a chat with him. Basically it's all down to the clutch material.

Anything scintered, or anything like carbon is always going to be a bitch to control simply because the material is too high-friction.

How OEM's get around this with high torque motors is to go for a normal friction compound, but with a larger disc with multiple plates. He said that you want to go for something with springs between the plates, as this is what will give you the control.

He said that AP will do something to suit whatever needs you have, but it will be pricey.

Hope that helps.

Looks very nice Jamie :thumbs:

I was going to suggest modifying the indicator holes in the bumper to accept the facelift clear indicators, but a bit late now.

yea i was thinking that, but not sure it would look good on the red

silver or black the clears look great:)

Guest dee_rz

no worries fella, would love to have a chat and see the car in the flesh sometime, anytime you go pod or shakespear or do any big events j.a.e etc let me know :)