The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A moment of ranting...

irfan_habib

i enquired from a trader on her re a set of vielside wheels and i am still waiting for him to get back to me on them and its been 2 months maybe, unless that trader has something that i cannot get from anywhere else then they have lost my trade for good.

Hope this wasn't me :hide:

Veilside have discontinued some of their wheel models, which were you after Mark?

i understand the concept of delivery and if there is a few thousand miles of a difference then there is gonna be delays, but the person should be kept informed at all times

/QUOTE]

That's exactly my feeling too, If I have paid my hard earned money and it's sitting with a supplier then the least they can do is be pro-active about updates rather than reative to hassles.

I wonder If i'm going to get an update from my supplier today ? After all my order was promised, without question, for the last time, honest etc.. to be sent out thursday and I'm still waiting with no eta or dhl tracking no.

[/and_Relax]

Shaun.

Guest Terry S
I just checked, it was 1st November, so that's coming up to five months now instead of 6 weeks. Useless.

-Ian

Just a couple of things I would like to add here.

Ian ordered the turbo as soon as it was announced. It was agreed that his car was an excellent test bed for it, and he has paid a VERY special price for the turbo ( I know, no use until it arrives) direct to BL. All I did was arrange it and offer for it to be shipped with one of our shipments.

Since then there has been a long running dispute between Precision Turbo and Garrett about Dual Ball Bearing turbo's. PTE have dropped the 71 DBB, and the 67DBB is like rocking horse shite, even though the US suppliers still seem to be trying to push them on SF.

The scenario has driven me nuts, but all I would say is there is generally no issue with BL and supplying parts. There has never been anything like this before, and hopefully not again. They are the most reliable US supplier I have dealt with except for Dusty. All The US guys seem to quote optimistic delivery times, and I always try to explain this to the customer.

Make sure you use the trader feedback system on this bbs to reflect your dissapointment. That's what it's there for...it's not there to just congratulate them when they get things right!

I got slatted on here when I left bad feed back on here. Makes me not want to leave any at all now :(

But I agree you should just be able to leave feedback and if its that bad then just stand up and say summit as long as all the facts are right ;)

Service? the motor trade? lmao

From my experience, there are web site's full of parts the seller doesnt actually have, and all is ordered for you. Getting back to you? once they have got they price of the goods up front from your credit card, whats the hurry lol?

What great way to sell parts, all you need is a web site, you get the customer to pay up front, (so you have the dosh to buy it). they they can wait as long as it takes.

Wish I could operate like that lol.

Why dont you start your own parts co? web site are that expensive to make :)

OH boy am I gonna be popular with the tradrers lmao!

Hope this wasn't me :hide:

Veilside have discontinued some of their wheel models, which were you after Mark?

no nic it was not you lol, it was actually a second hand pair from the US, since then i have managed to buy 2 sets of wheels summer/winter

so cheers to wheelmania and gaz walker on here

Guest Flat4_ire
I'll name and shame. I've been waiting since early November for my T67 DBB off Kean Wang from BoostLogic. I ordered it on the day they were announced, paid up front. So far it's been 6 weeks from order date, Then January, Then end of January, then February, then end of February, then March, It was supposed to be on a pallet going to Terry S, it was supposed to be with Terry the end of last week for absolute definite this time around. But it isn't. I think I've been patient enough, four months + when it was supposed to take six weeks.

Poor Terry has been the middle man with this, he's the guy who has to break the news to me every time as Kean won't reply to my email... The tale of woe about suppliers won't wash as he's been supplying US domestic customers with these turbos and yet I ordered mine on the day they were released - hmmm, why am I apparently so far down in the queue then? Why keep telling me it's going to come when it blatantly isn't?

He's been told end of March or I'll have my money back. The deadline is looming.

-Ian

yeah i had the very same problem with them dude, ordered the BL system and was told it would be dispatched the next day, a week later i emailed him and he said "oh the 3" adapter isnt in stock" this went on for a month so in the end i just asked for my money back, couldnt take any more of "the adapter will be in monday"! :(

Guest Flat4_ire
I think we should name and shame, maybe then they'll pull their arses into gear!

yeah didnt take me long to name and shame a trader on here not so long ago! shouldnt have to take that crap at all, they are running a business and should be trying hard to keep and please customers!!

Just a couple of things I would like to add here.

Ian ordered the turbo as soon as it was announced. It was agreed that his car was an excellent test bed for it, and he has paid a VERY special price for the turbo ( I know, no use until it arrives) direct to BL. All I did was arrange it and offer for it to be shipped with one of our shipments.

Since then there has been a long running dispute between Precision Turbo and Garrett about Dual Ball Bearing turbo's. PTE have dropped the 71 DBB, and the 67DBB is like rocking horse shite, even though the US suppliers still seem to be trying to push them on SF.

The scenario has driven me nuts, but all I would say is there is generally no issue with BL and supplying parts. There has never been anything like this before, and hopefully not again. They are the most reliable US supplier I have dealt with except for Dusty. All The US guys seem to quote optimistic delivery times, and I always try to explain this to the customer.

Yah, just to clear this up this was in no way an attack on El Tel. He's the poor bloke stuck in the middle getting my wrath and no doubt Kean's side of things too.

Yes it was a good price, mainly because I was going to do a bunch of tests on my setup before and after the turbo went on - spool time at various rpm in various gear, power output, that sort of thing. Proper tests with datalogs, graphs, etc - stuff really of benefit to Kean & Co in order to pimp the product and useful to you lot too if you were trying to decide which turbo was best for you. And if it had made no difference at all i'd not be too afraid to tell you it wasn't worth bothering with - y'all know that ;) So it wasn't just a case of "mates' rates", there was a price attached of sorts. Terry brokered the deal and he's now regretting it I'm sure! :D

Unfortunately my turbo kit took it's sweet time arriving too so out of the two big-ticket items I've bought from Boostlogic, they have both been delayed by months. Maybe it's just my luck. I could take the delay with the BL turbo kit because I was told that a specific part, the flex-pipe downpipe, was delayed and out of stock. Once they said it was on the way it was in fact on the way. What's pissed me off with this is being constantly told "it's on the way" and it blatantly hasn't been. If there isn't any in stock and none being built then say so dammit.

Having said that terry has a tracking number and it's apparently on it's way. Kean's probably shat in the intake housing before posting it now after my rant lol

-Ian

Nic gives great service and great prices.also had great service from dusty at mvp and also powerhouse racing too.was not in a rush for my bl kit took a while but got here ok.

also chris wilson gives great service.when you get good service you soon go back.i like to import items yourself too.always good saving money cutting out middle men.they only doing same as you can do yourself.

I would of left a negative feedback for a trader but it'll just be like ebay. You leave someone a bad feedback and they'll do the same to you even though you buy and pay instantly - so how can that result in me being left a negative? So I just didnt bother leaving anything and decided to try and not deal with that particular trader again.

I think the majority have been on the end of 'it was posted today' or 'It will be shipped tomorrow' and then 3 or 4 days later you still havent received nothing (being sent from the UK too). I'd much sooner people be honest and say, 'look pal I have not had chance to send it yet'. Rather than lying about it.

On the plus side I have been dealt with swiftly by many traders on here, some at unbelievable speed too. These know who they are so Thanks :thumbs: