The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie needs advice

Guest Kev

Cheers guys. The one I'm looking at currently is from Richardson Autos down in Bournemouth. I've assumed that its a fresh import, it certainly looks that way! There was a thread a while back about Richardson, so I've had a read of that.

As far as power goes, my main car (I do lots of miles commuting to work) is a 1.4, 5 door Civic - pretty much anything is an improvement!

There doesn't seem to be many Aerotop's selling privately! :(

Harps check out the Black Aerotop TT on ebay, it 'looks' in very good condition and not much more than the NA at richardson's.

I would buy privately, as there are few 'dogs' out there that can't be spotted by checking just a few simple things.

I would say the TT is as reliable as the NA 'IF' (and its a big if) its been kept standard, so IMO a standard TT is a good bet (need to look for evidence of mods being stripped but most can't be bothered or certainly only strip some of the mods, rarely is a once modded car returned to absolute stock condition)

The NA will (in my experience) be more expensive to insure, and being an auto will return only 1 or 2 mpg better than the TT.

I had assumed a TT would be big £££ over a NA, I'll have to have a word with my insurance company again and see what the difference is!

Cheers for the heads-up for the eBay ad, I may well take a look, though I'm guessing it'll go for a bit higher than the price there at the mo. £8k is about my limit.

I had assumed a TT would be big £££ over a NA, I'll have to have a word with my insurance company again and see what the difference is!

Cheers for the heads-up for the eBay ad, I may well take a look, though I'm guessing it'll go for a bit higher than the price there at the mo. £8k is about my limit.

harps / Kev

Pm Jurgen on here, he is a known importer, tell him your budget and what you want, he will find one for you and ship it over. He is a spot on chap with a fantastic Reputation for Supra's etc, Re Insurance contact Sky Insurance, they have a club deal going and prices are really good,