The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Neighbours not liking exhausts!

miko_supra

I dreadinf the arrival of my RS*R now. Have a twat of a neighbour. Hunchbacked old bastard.

I still have both cats in though so I can't imagine it being that noisy. Mcanny came round once with double de-cat and Nur-spec. It wasn't that bad TBH.

I'd hate to be Eyefi's neighbours though. :D

cheers for the advice, I used to have a peco back box on my fiesta and that used to really piss me off when crusing as it was just a constant deep drone. but sounded fantstic at low speeds and accelerating round winding lanes. i still want that, but not the annoyance at high speeds

I dreadinf the arrival of my RS*R now. Have a twat of a neighbour. Hunchbacked old bastard.

I still have both cats in though so I can't imagine it being that noisy. Mcanny came round once with double de-cat and Nur-spec. It wasn't that bad TBH.

I'd hate to be Eyefi's neighbours though. :D

As MCanny will tell you, the RSR is louder.

I had my cats in with an RSR and he thought a plane landed on his house when I went round.

your f*cked mate :D lol

Never had a complaint from neighbours.....YET !

BUT, even i feel ashamed startin' up early in the morning (

i try to put the baffle in if i'm leavin' early, it doesn't quieten it right down

but when it first Cold-Starts and runs at 2,000 for ~2 minutes it takes that

DEEP RUMBLE out of the equation !!

I also try to trickle HOME if it's >11pm-ish, not ultra quiet, just keep revs

nice and low.

I'm not worried about complaints it's the CAR i'm worried about !?!?!?

If someone annoyed the F*&K out out of ME with their car and wouldn't

listen to honest complaints....then.................:sly:

"Don't SH*T on yer own doorstep" ? ? ?

FatS.

ive had loudish cars for a while now and "touch wood" ivw never had a complaint. iam due to move house next week and although the car will be garaged, the garage is detached from my house but is semidetached to the neighbours garage, (not a problem) however they have extented ther house and it now goes partly over the semi detached garage on there side.

i have a 96 twin turbo with full decat........ oh my god its gona shake there house down...:rlol: when i fire it up. :rolleyes: ill keep you posted on the developments.:cool:

I've been quite lucky with my neighbours. I've got a BoostLogic 4" system & with the single it's louder than twins. My neighbours haven't complained - with me starting the car up at 5.45am every weekday morning!

I'm sure they do complain ... just not to my face. The fuckers would rather just dent my drivers door!

I'm always careful to cool the car down on the way home at night, or at a local car park with no houses nearby... never had anyone complain but I like to be considerate. Too bad the same can't be said of the various people we've had living across the road over the years, car door slamming and shouting to each other in the middle of the night etc :flame:

Still, I'm waiting for the ASBOs to roll in after Friday :D

Sounds like you're in a bit of a tough situation with this guy considering he 'knows' your landlord (maybe the landlord has the same view of him you do?). If it continues maybe it's worth having a chat with him and ask him flat out what he wants you to do about it (in a friendly way of course) - if he says sell your cars then that's hardly resonable is it, a lot of people like a moan until you actually confront them about it and they realise there's nothing that can be done. :)

if he says sell your cars then that's hardly resonable is it, a lot of people like a moan until you actually confront them about it and they realise there's nothing that can be done. :)

I askes my annoyed neighbour, she said "Can't you get a quieter car."