The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inpromptu London Get-Together ? Sunday 23rd Novemember

Roy

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

earth - thank you soooo much for the friggin 'license' - numbnuts! you are startin' to get as bad as mid ! i don't think convoy parking will be much of an issue here as we are all basically meeting up at one point so no worries there - just make sure you come along and bring yer rag-tag bunch of newsagents, kebab boiyz n earnest immigrants with you :p

john - no worries about stepping on his toes, i'm bigger than he is so i'll sort 'im out when he needs a clip 'round the ear. the 23rd sounds good. millhouse, sg, tim, jive n all others roll on up. hope you can make it JB but bringing el tel is strictly optional for you as he can be a right pain sometimes .. :innocent:

good to see this gaining momentum guys and also a big thanks to john's organizational leg-work. :)

Problem Guys & Gals

The Orange Tree says Sun 23rd lunchtime is a no-no,

They're solid, with people waiting to get in.

so either we can do Saturday 22nd, which does not suit quite a few people ........... or

Somebody suggest another venue.....Sorry, I tried but they were'nt going to go for it.:(

John

He is just the secretary for the gang ...he is not even good at it. Never wears a min skirt

aahhh - if i'm the secretary, then that makes Doug da president, jason the treasurer and rokka the dirty tea-boy ! LOL :p anyways, don't need the mini-skirt anymore as your usual hawaiian shirts are scary enuff ! :innocent: especially when they look above the collar and see the face that looks like a rhodesian ridgeback mongrel !! :eek:

John - sorry to hear that but good of you to clear this up for us well in advance. hmm - another venue is on the cards then. just wondering if JB would have any thoughts/ideas for a north london venue or anyone else for that matter. looks like the 23rd is the most popular date as well ...

I would say Sundays are never good for a pub, they have too much family business going through to really allow 20 Supras to clog up the car park (1 person per Supra, 5 people per Mondeo...)

Needs to be a saturday if a pub is going to agree with it. Depends how you classify North London. Theres always Quincys on the A41 at Watford, of TGI Fridays on the A1 in Mill Hill...Im sure those places could cope with a crowd on a Sunday.

JB

Where When Why....

I might come...Have we found anywhere yet who do ya need some Ideas if so I rekon the Thames Court (Vintage Inns) in Shepperton is good....loads of parking by the Thames and they have a huge car Park (very picturesque riverside pub/resturaunt) very near M3/M25 so easy for London Crew and easy access for South coasters...and no ones going to get 'shot' there he he.

Only 20 miles for me to travel

Just an idea.

I'll do some more thinking if ya like

(No please don't Si)

:D

Edit: Orange Tree in Totteridge Nr Barnet is userly v good I been there a fair bit...it is a Vintage Inns, The Thames Court is same kind of thing really but Orange Tree is bout 3 miles from my house.

:D

I dont u believe u lot :( Stockholm wasn´t far enuff now we moving it to Rijkjavick .. Iceland..:D

Dirty tea boy aye ? i´ll give u dirty u baggga :p

Good thinking Batman ...greensoopra.. Thames Court sounds nice n´Posh ... bloody North London .. wasss mattaaah wi ya ..;)

Hi Food freak. The Thames Court is great same kind of thing as Orange Tree, Though there is a real nice country pub that does food called the Black Swan in Ockham nr Cobham Surrey..again its very picturesque and in the middle of nowhere so we wont upset anyone.

It has a very VERY big car park and is listed on all the Biker pub sites...I'm sure they would be happy to have us either Saturday or Sunday judging by their huge car park.

Easy access from A3/M25 not sure how good the food is but i'm told its very good...There would be NO problem with parking certainly.

You get a lot of classic cars there on Sundays and lots of Bikes The Vintage Biker club goes there. They serve real ales and I have been there and its a good place. They also have live music there sometimes....so bring an instrament he he. They also have a Pool Table and an outside childrens play area...

Tried to look for a website but can't find one yet...

Anyway just another idea I'll keep looking.

I don't mind where I go...Any other ideas guys n gals!