The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Young supra drivers?

Supra786

Guest supra2006

hi, looking for bit of advice if any1 can help? im looking to buy a supra. My insurance quote is ok but would like to bring down if possible. My best quote is £1231 on an sz model import. Anyone have any ideas to where might offer me a better quote?

On here. UK specs seem to be few and far between. £1200 aint that bad for your age. You'll insure a J spec TT for that price

you can get it much lower than that, ive got a tt j-spec with all the mods on my sig and it cost just under 1k to insure.

People (insurers) claim one of the reasons is that parts are more expensive for imported cars, therefore in the event of accident/damage, repair costs are going to be higher.

I can understand this if it for areas of a car that are completelty different to the UK spec cars (eg.Turbo components/uprated suspension in JDM cars), but i'm of the opinion that about 90% or so of a UK car is going to be the same as a Jap version and the massive premiums for Imports aren't justified at all. Just my opinion though... :taped:

Where r u getting ur quotes from? im only quoting for an sz and im being quoted more.

elephant and sky insurance. its actually just gone down (renewal) to £886 with elephant and £925 with sky but sky do a like for like replacement and you can set the cars value.

shop around mate.

OH elephant is a one of payment though by the way, non of this direct debit stuff, they charge you something like another 18 or 20% on top for that.:rolleyes:

Guest supra2006

thanks for the info, got some better quotes. elephant just over a grand for the j spec tt. Weird how its less but i wont complain.