The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Singled by Turbofit !

rush

Pics look great rush.

Looking forward to taking it off base settings and setting it up this Saturday.

Looks like you will have to start charging for joy rides.

Take it easy until then ( I know it's hard )

Cant wait tell we get our hub dyno installed September cannot come round quick enough.

TA TA :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Rush ...

Would recommend you get those bigger injectors in ASAP - 550's would be max for your SAFC-2 & fit a WB02 sensor and AFR gauge.

Or instead, use an FPR to crank up the fuel pressure on those 440's & limit your boost to 0.8 with a WG spring .. tho, how recommened that is ... I'm not sure.

As at 1.1 Bar with that T60 without an AFR gauge - you've no idea how lean your AFRs are. Or things are going to go :bang:

Rush when you put your foot down ypu will feel it big time :)

But if he does ... it won't be long till his pistons feel it big time

I'm not an expert in these matters - far from it - nor am I trying to put a dampner on Rush's conversion.

I'm just passing on the good advice that was given to me when I went down the single route.

When I met Rush at the karting meet .. we were chatting on about singles. He was telling me his.

Stock 440 injectors. Stock FPR. No AFR gauge. A WG spring of 1.1 bar. I'm assuming it's 1.1 Bar as that's what he can boost to. SAFC-2.

As I said I'm not putting his conversion down - I'm simply passing on advice I was given.

The SAFC-2 using those standard injectors - is really only good for removing fuel (why you'd want to do that - I don't know) .. from chatting to a techie people here .. the SAFC-2 could be used to add fuel - but that's increasing the duty cycle of those 440's beyond the max safe limit.

At that boost pressure - with a lean mixture. Things won't last long.

Ahh makes sense now I'm not even considering boost above 1 bar until the injectors are up rated. Will look at stand alone ecu as well.

would he be safer if he was to put some drop in Blitz injectors?? for the cost of an engine rebuild (trust me I know) it would make sense in the long run I suppose

If he wants to keep his SAFC-2, then he's limited to the size of his choice of injectors. 550's are highest you want to go with an SAFC-2 - imho.

650's are E-Manage terrority. I plan on replacing my SAFC-2 & S-ITC with an E-Manage ... perhaps to run bigger injectors - but mainly to full-proof the fueling.

But anyway, an E-Manage is recommended for any single conversion. Or at best a standalone.

We have been watching this thread with interest and whilst we would normally not comment and let it follow its natural course we now feel that a comment is in order.

We as a company are not here to do single upgrades that will destroy a customer’s engine, all our turbo upgrades are done via a fully tested route.

We have two of our own supras that have been the test beds for these single upgrades and each has been driven far beyond what we would do for a customers car to find the limits, this has allowed us to find the right balance of boost and fuelling needs for both stock set-ups and upgrades to bigger injectors and other engine management systems these tests have been carried out both on rolling roads and under normal and extreme driving conditions where AFRs and EGTs have been checked and double checked to ensure that no damage is being done to the engine other that normal wear and tear, each of our cars has after testing been stripped to check for any sign of detonation or unusual damage.

This does not mean that we set a customers car up on those limits quite the reverse, each car is treated as new project and the set-up is completed on the rolling road using all the latest equipment that ensures that the fuelling is correct if it is found whilst testing that there is a problem then as a company we rectify that problem at our own expense not the customers.

We regard to the SAFC11 only being able to take fuel away this is not true and whilst adding fuel using the SAFC11 will affect the duty cycle of the injectors we never add fuel to the point of maxing the injectors out we consider that 84% under WOT and on boost to be a safe margin should set-up show that we are going above this then we will apply bigger injectors, Fuel pump and FPR.

As for RUSHs car his rolling road set up was what we expected with regard to injector duty/ AFRs and fuel pressure and came no where near our danger margin, his car has been set to run two boost settings [email protected] bar and B@ 1.1 bar this is no more than most stock BPU supras except that he is now running colder plugs/ has lower charge air temperatures and has precise boost control and fuel control.

There will be many who will come back to this comment and no doubt rip us apart but one thing we have maintained as a company and will always continue to do and that is guarantee our work and should it ever happen that due to our set-up being wrong that an engine is damaged then we will as a company take full responsibility and replace or rebuild at our own expense we know that this leaves us open to abuse but at the end of the day trust is a very important factor in our type of business and trust goes both ways.

as a company take full responsibility and replace or rebuild at our own expense we know that this leaves us open to abuse but at the end of the day trust is a very important factor in our type of business and trust goes both ways.

Well said Greg:trophy:

We as a company are not here to do single upgrades that will destroy a customer’s engine, all our turbo upgrades are done via a fully tested route.

I never said you were Greg. I was simply passing on advice I was given. Neither in any of my posts - was I refering to your competence.

We regard to the SAFC11 only being able to take fuel away this is not true

I said you could trim the fuel & add fuel. But adding fuel with 440's is not recommended. From what I've read on this BBS, the closer you get to 100% duty cycle the likelyhood of injector lock increases, so 80% is generally the safe maximum.

As for RUSHs car his rolling road set up was what we expected with regard to injector duty/ AFRs and fuel pressure and came no where near our danger margin, his car has been set to run two boost settings [email protected] bar and B@ 1.1 bar this is no more than most stock BPU supras except that he is now running colder plugs/ has lower charge air temperatures and has precise boost control and fuel control.

What AFRs were being produced at 1,1 Bar boost pressure with stock 440 injectors, stock fuel pressure @ 36psi and with a stock fuel pump ?

When you mean precise fuel control - do you mean trimming or adding fuel with the SAFC-2 ?

What about the 4K rpm transition point ?

There will be many who will come back to this comment and no doubt rip us apart

I don't think there is any reason why this thread should go into meltdown. I was merely stating my opinion. People will read this thread and make their own judgement.

I ask - out of geninue curosity. I'm not looking to pick a fight. If your kits can provide safe fuelling without what's discussed above - then I'm just curious as how this is been achieved. As my understanding was uprated injectors were needed to run that kind of boost pressure.