The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 speed clunky? Not any more!

CJ

Before, the seals were replaced - my gearbox was very clunky and the shifting gear wasn't smooth ... because of the leak. ;)

Now, with the seals replaced and the gearbox no longer leaking oil - gearshift selection & change is very smooth.

cheers fella, maybe i have a leek somewere an all my luvly v160 is escaping ill check it out

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the esso oil mentioned earlier the same as the v160 oil????

Nobody's tried it so nobody knows....but as Getrag say it's ok it probably is.

Hijack The Toyota T-IV for the auto comes in large amounts so it might seem expensive but I think you can get 2 changes out of 1 tub.

done a little research.... the d21065 oil is used by both peugeot and rover and seems to be dextron 2 (i stand to be corrected on that). The dealership i work in includes both rover and citroen(still in the PSA group so i can access peugoet) this means that i may be able to help with the gathering of this oil for some of you in kent if you have the same problem with toyota that i do

Oh and thank you toyota for refusing to accept that v160 oil is to be used and does exist