The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hiper

Syed Shah

The difference in sound is likely to be marginal.

With the cats out both sound amazing....The titanium I believe is a bit straighter and turns a pretty colour when it gets hot. Bore size I think is the same. The HKS Ti will last longer I believe.

Nice choice... I need to try my Drager with the Cats out before deciding if the Hiper is the way to go....but I think I annoy the neighbours enough already so they'll probably be hoping it stays as it is ... or I fit a HKS Priest.

Don't know whether you'd be interested or not, but I was running my Mk3T all last weekend with no silencer or cats at all, and it sounded just like (wait for it!) a Mk4 with a Hiper, only slightly louder.

An unsilenced turbo car is never going to be hugely loud because the turbo and associated plumbing take a lot of energy out of the exhaust stream - you might want to consider getting a bit of shiny pipe made up in place of a rear box, try it on the back of the car, and if it sounds bearable you could save yourself £500 over a Hiper!

Quote: from Adam Wootten on 9:49 am on Dec. 20, 2001[br]Don't know whether you'd be interested or not, but I was running my Mk3T all last weekend with no silencer or cats at all, and it sounded just like (wait for it!) a Mk4 with a Hiper, only slightly louder.

An unsilenced turbo car is never going to be hugely loud because the turbo and associated plumbing take a lot of energy out of the exhaust stream - you might want to consider getting a bit of shiny pipe made up in place of a rear box, try it on the back of the car, and if it sounds bearable you could save yourself £500 over a Hiper!

Beware if you have big aftermarket turbbos, big exhaust housings on the turbos will make them sound a LOT louder!

You can get a Hiper for the NA (I've seen it at Shop!), whip the cats out and it should be way louder than a TT with decat Hiper (see above).

Don't know what the cat arrangement on an NA is, but if the pipes aren't available get your local custon exhaust place to knock some up.  You won't have to worry about boost creep either!