The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who fixes my car - YOU decide

SupraWoman

Which bodyshop to choose?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which bodyshop to choose?

• GVN Coachworks
    • 355 Automobile Restorations

That's good news, the supe will be back on the road before you know it.

I'm just a couple of miles away from there and TRD3000 also knows that place all too well, so give us a shout if you want a check-up eh? Not that it's ever required with GVN!

I'm considering having my sideskirt rebuilt at GVN in the next couple of months, so I'll keep a lookout Yulia.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good news, the supe will be back on the road before you know it.

I'm just a couple of miles away from there and TRD3000 also knows that place all too well, so give us a shout if you want a check-up eh? Not that it's ever required with GVN!

I'm considering having my sideskirt rebuilt at GVN in the next couple of months, so I'll keep a lookout Yulia.

Thanks Ben! :D

Just make sure you'll not get lost on a way there or back:search:

:D

Right, its official now - my car goes in to GVN on 24th of February :D

Today looks like its started with good news :D

I had my Supra re-sprayed at GVN in 2004, they were fantastic and two years down the line I'm still as happy with the work as I was on the day I picked it up. Really decent people who care about their customers, you won't regret going with GVN. I'd recommend them to anyone without a moments hesitation.

Please give my regards to Gerald & Victor @ GVN

Here's piccy of my GVN painted Soop.

DSCN0043 (Small).JPG

DSCN0062 (Small).JPG

DSCN0044 (Small).JPG

Barney - the car looks very nice :D Thanks for your comments.

I keep receving positive feedback, which is sort of putting my mind at rest a bit, after all the ordeal I went through - as you understand, I want everything to be smooth and perfect this time.

TRD3000 - Chris, thanks for offering your help. I do actually need some things to be put straight there, will you be in the workshop on the 24th? So I could explain you what needed to be done or I can always send a pm. Let me know what would work best for you.

The thing is - when Paul K put Walborough fuel pump in there, I think he bended something there, as the fuel indicator shows I got 1/3 of tank full of petrol, when there isnt petrol at all.. :rolleyes: Thats how I stucked in the middle of nowhere last year :badmood: , when Paul E came to rescue with a litre of petrol - as a knight on his white horse LOL :D

Plus few other things needed to put right.

So let me know pease, if you would prefer PM or I could explain while we're at the workshop.

Thank a lot! :love:

I'd say your at home with GVN.(for bodywork/spraying!).they know their way around Supras they take pride in what they do. and they get a lot of work from members on here so they are hardly likely to screw up..plus they work on Aston's and Lambos..entrusted to them by main dealerships, they have more than proved their worth to the Supra community!

Cant wait to see the pics when its finished..all the best Yulia!

Si

• 4 weeks later...

HEHE!!

I was at GVN today - my car almost ready to get painted :D :D

The guys doing real nice job there - so proper and accurate :love:

Looks like it might be ready by the end of this month, if I'll manage to find missing bits...

As it appears, those people who messed my car up, didnt give me back all the bits..

I'm missing my aftermarket mirrors, window buttons from doors, rear spoiler on my rear window, and rear strut brace that I bought from US and was quiet expensive...:thumbdown: :badmood: :cry:

Great news Yulia :) GVN seem to be top notch when it comes to restoration and paintwork, I visited them last year and was amazed at the cars they working on - vintage Aston's, mustang's, Merc's, etc... The paintwork on the Supra's they've worked on has been superb.

Hope you get the beast back on the road soon :)

As for those f*ckwits that worked on the car before, I hope you are taking them to court!

Pleased to hear that GVN are making good progress with your car, it will be worth the wait make no mistake, Gerald, Victor and the GVN team will not let you down................your in very safe hands:thumbs:

PS. Thanks for your kind comments regarding my Soop:blush:

I have just read this thread. Its almost beyond belief. These dumb asses rubbed your car down with sealing up the interior? and asked you for £7K? and kept some of your parts? Its a high court Judge you need more than anything. If I quote £3K for a job and it costs me £7K to do, the most I can bill you is £2.4K (20% higher). After that you could start proceeding on me. Thats the law. I am supposed to know how much a job costs, if I get it wrong then tough shit on me.

I think you were too soft all along, have got ripped, and hopefully can claw back some outlay for a useless job, by a butcher.

Dont you just love how people can go rub cars down for 3 years, go out on their own and call themselves a "Professional"? Cant do that in Germany !

Nooooo........... :p ;)

I dont mind you taking my spot on the production line....and stealing my colour choice...and...and....

:cool:

Ha, evans stick to the out-sourcing mate.. You should supply bonnet pins with a pad lock for yourself and give the key to a good mechanic to stop you opening her up and putting your ever so tastefull mods in place :p

HEHE!!

I was at GVN today - my car almost ready to get painted :D :D

The guys doing real nice job there - so proper and accurate :love:

Looks like it might be ready by the end of this month, if I'll manage to find missing bits...

As it appears, those people who messed my car up, didnt give me back all the bits..

I'm missing my aftermarket mirrors, window buttons from doors, rear spoiler on my rear window, and rear strut brace that I bought from US and was quiet expensive...:thumbdown: :badmood: :cry:

I only recommend the best babes ;)

• 3 weeks later...

for those who were with me supporting me and helping :D

My car will be ready to pick up next Thuesday :D

Thanks a lot to all of you who helped with it - especially to GVN team, and CarlOs - who gave me his door handles free of charge.

CarlOs - I hope you enjoyed your chocolates and pic of me in bikini :eyebrows: ;)

:p