The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra is home... Thanks to MaxGT

Dash Rendar

your car looks spot on mate, I'm sure you are very pleased.

1 Q ( I have asked before but noone ever answers): Why did you have rebuild work done? Of all the cars I see handled by Max-GT, a lot seem to have rebuilds of various kinds. Noone ever seems to be able to tell me why or if it was verified by 3rd parties as required??

No offense to Max-GT but it just looks odd as I have never seen people coming back from envy or phoenix etc with a long list of previous rebuilds.

go on a 5hour drive somewhere, that will get it up to the 500 miles, then take a 2hour drive back home :D

Stealthosts, I had the rebuild work done because Paul told me it needed doing. I questioned on this board whether there was any alternative course of action, which sparked up some debate. However, once I posted up the pictures of the state of the engine, most people seemed to agree that it was a complete mess and needed a lot of work.

There are two reasons I didn't take it elsewhere for a second opinion:

1) It was already in pieces by this time

2) I didn't want to cause any offense to Paul, who'd already spent some time on the car. Paul did say, however, that he would be quite happy for me to get a second opinion. But at this point I just wanted the car back and didn't want to introduce any further delays.

Guest slow dog
your car looks spot on mate, I'm sure you are very pleased.

1 Q ( I have asked before but noone ever answers): Why did you have rebuild work done? Of all the cars I see handled by Max-GT, a lot seem to have rebuilds of various kinds. Noone ever seems to be able to tell me why or if it was verified by 3rd parties as required??

No offense to Max-GT but it just looks odd as I have never seen people coming back from envy or phoenix etc with a long list of previous rebuilds.

go on a 5hour drive somewhere, that will get it up to the 500 miles, then take a 2hour drive back home :D

like i said mate have a look on my site it will show you the state in what the engine was in it has alot of detailed pics mate

http://www.max-gt.com

raymanuk long time no speak you ok how is your son will never forget his face when i launched of the line in the scobby ear to ear smile

Hey Slow dog, I am good fella, keeping busy. The boy is good. He really enjoyed that day especially when you took him on the run. You made his day mate.

I took him to look at a friends 2004 WR1 and he mentioned to him about the last time he was in a scooby lol. :)

Glad to see some positive results coming in for ya fella:thumbs:

Keep up the good work:)

Cheers,

Ray

Wow, I can tell the difference, even though I'm not putting my foot down. Even up to 3000 rpm with no boost, it feels much quicker than it used to. Before I had the work done, I used to find the 3L engine seemed a bit sluggish without boost. But now, it seems to pick up much quicker and seems to have a lot more torque. I could be talking out my bottom, but that's how it feels!

And the turbo sounds totally different. The BOV doesn't sound louder, but the whoosh now lasts much longer. It's very cool. :D

Yes mate, after 500 miles. Unfortunately, I only work 3 miles from work and I'm on call at the moment, so I can't go far. :(

Take the looooooooooong way home! It is agonising isn't it, knowing you can't put your foot down! Bet you can't wait!

I too had some work done on my engine and now thanks Paul at Max GT she's a new animal! Just like you said, more responsive, pulls better and dump valve can be heard better! I think I managed to do the 500 miles in a week, and after the oil change and a check by Paul to make sure everything was good (turbos spooling at correct rpm, etc) had an awesome drive home, the long way!