The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wtd: Cheap but reliable boost guage - any make.

Pete

Can anyone recommend a cheap boost guage which is actually reliable. I don't really care what it looks like or the name, as long as it is a proven quality product.

My Tiger guages are all from ETB and seem pretty good. Anyone used anyone else that isn't famed in the Jap tuning world but makes reliable good dials?

Dont want to piss on anyones chips here but i had a racetech (cheap) guage some years ago it would hit about 0.8 bar and then buzz like a demented bee so loud it drowned out the engine and rattle from 0.8 to about 1.1 bar and be completely unreadable, it was absolutely useless, i got a HKS electronic boost gauge off e-bay for about £50, took it to work for a calibration and it was within 0.1 bar accurate, have a look on e-bay and buy a decent one second hand

Dont want to piss on anyones chips here but i had a racetech (cheap) guage some years ago it would hit about 0.8 bar and then buzz like a demented bee so loud it drowned out the engine and rattle from 0.8 to about 1.1 bar and be completely unreadable, it was absolutely useless, i got a HKS electronic boost gauge off e-bay for about £50, took it to work for a calibration and it was within 0.1 bar accurate, have a look on e-bay and buy a decent one second hand

The racetech ones come witha pulsation damper, this shouldn't happen. The T piece in the fitting kit is the pulsation damper. Depending where you plumb it in dictates the need for such a damper.

The racetech ones come witha pulsation damper, this shouldn't happen. The T piece in the fitting kit is the pulsation damper. Depending where you plumb it in dictates the need for such a damper.

ah mine never came with a tee perhaps some light fingered scrote pinched it in the shop, i'll retract my comments then as i obviously did'nt have it installed right

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.