The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whos driving in the cold weather?

Fifty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driven it all through the winter and for some reason my turbos never seem to kick in so it's easy to drive:whistle:

Take it back you've been had:rlol:

I use mine in winter but switch to stock 17" rims and tyres. RLTC really comes into its own. I just has to work harder at this time of year.:) I try to avoid salt though. If unavoidable it gets whole car jet wash.

A local car park double as a drift rink when it snows.

I was chatting to someone the other day who had to drive their Lada and wouldn't take the Supra out. He does live in Moscow an it was about -34 at the time :p

But they are not very good at driving in snow, the taxi driver was pulling away in 1st, at what sounded like 3500 rpm's in the snow and thought that if he press the loud pedal more, he could just drive through the wheel spins....

You would think they know better but, from what I have seen......:ecstatic:

Guest SteveW's Carole

I drive our soop everyday to and from work and I love driving it.... in the snow as well (took it very slow though)

I dont understand why soop owners lock up their beautiful cars for 4 months of the year????

Soops are something to be proud of ..... SO LET THEM BE SEEN!!!!! All year round.

Carole :ecstatic:

When I lived in England of course I drove it every day. Garaging my pride and joy is one of the sacrafices I have to make to live here. (one of many!)

Pfft :D You just need a set of GOOD wintertires...and your all set...no problem...trust me on this :)

Guest SteveW's Carole
exactly. Everyone obviously has winter tyres in Poland and some nice car around when i was there.

I visited Poland a few years ago... drove there in a brand new mondeo. I couldn't leave it parked on the road because of the fear of:-

A) It being nicked!

B) Returning to it with no wheels, well just about everything removed from it.

I had to park it in a 24hr maned car park.

I dont know if things have changed there now... it was a couple of years ago.

I don't think I would trust taking the soop there ???????

Carole :)