The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mods for track day reliability

Pixelfill

I thought chris wilsons' only mods were his pads and decat pipes.

He does the works and has a great Supra suspension package tweaked to transform handling. He has years of experience on and off the track and been tuning cars since his teens. I don't trust anyone else to do anything with my Supra.

He does the works and has a great Supra suspension package tweaked to transform handling. He has years of experience on and off the track and been tuning cars since his teens. I don't trust anyone else to do anything with my Supra.

Sorry Pete i think you mistook what i was saying,:) i meant for his track day supra his only mods were the above( i think), I use Chris as well and rate him very highly just to clear that up :respekt:

Are we really suggesting that somebody might want to spend thousands of pounds modifying a car for a first track day?

The thread was entitled Mods for track day reliability... just check the car over thoroughly and go and enjoy it

I was just pointing out that I had a bit of cash to spend, and was looking for suggestions of mods that would help the car survive a track day. I think as I was writing the post I might have got carried away. :looney:

The spare wheels came about as I wouldn't want to ruin my current wheels following a run off incident (God forbid). and some 17's should be cheaper to shoe than the 18's I've currently got on.

Input from Chris would be great, as I'm hoping he'll be the one to look the car over and carry out any supporting mods needed (fluids, service, +)

thanks all

Mike

Well he did say "I'm thinking around 1K but not sure where to target the investment.".... so yes!

My bad guys, I think I see what's happened here. I had about 1K to spend at the minute, and was tossing up between RLTC, DEFIs and a few other bits and pieces, then the track day opportunity presented itself, so the focus of spend might shift slightly. I'm not suggesting I want to spend 1K just because I have a track day booked. sorry if it came across like that.

Mike

Another good point, I hadn't thought about that I'll have to check, but I'm not fully BPU (still have the front Cat in) and it doesn't seem that loud, even without the Blitz baffle, which I do have (but not fitted)

Mike its only the rear cat you have got :)

If i were you id go for some coilovers, and some uprated discs and pads with braided lines, i know when i had the car the brakes did start to fade a bit when you really pushed it hard :eyebrows:

Oh and take it easy, please :) :)

Mike

If you want real value for money at a track day and you want to minimise the risk of damaging your car? Spend a bit on a track instructor - any good track day will have them. You'll not regret it.

The track day I'm going on has

all sessions with an ARDS qualified instructor alongside, so you can just relax and enjoy the thrill!

so hopefully I've got that covered :D but yeah I agree, I wouldn't be going anywhere without a bit of tuition first :thumbs:

Stu - thanks for clearing that up No front cat, just rear cat I'll try to remember that. And yeah I'll take it carefully :eyebrows:

Mike