T61 v BPU

mr keef

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S

And sorry to say this but, what do you mean by this?

I have been running mine wastegate only for ages TBH

edited, Matts answer is a lot less technical, but prolly far easier to understand LMAO ;)

i went from BPU to a T61 and the performance hike is MASSIVE the only thing i miss about the jap spec twins was the instant spool up/response, my T61 is making boost at 2700-2800 as opposed to the twins making it at a ridiculous 1800 so there is a bit of lag but not much, i know Vortex do a cracking kit for £1800 but realistically you can double this with fuel/ignition control and brakes and suspension (you will need this with even a small T61) if you have'nt got it allready and you will need a good intercooler (either stock or aftermarket) to make the most of the single, on the upside the performance with a single is in another league and if you EVER get blown off again it will be by something special or a supra running a T67 lol

i went from BPU to a T61 and the performance hike is MASSIVE the only thing i miss about the jap spec twins was the instant spool up/response, my T61 is making boost at 2700-2800 as opposed to the twins making it at a ridiculous 1800 so there is a bit of lag but not much, i know Vortex do a cracking kit for £1800 but realistically you can double this with fuel/ignition control and brakes and suspension (you will need this with even a small T61) if you have'nt got it allready and you will need a good intercooler (either stock or aftermarket) to make the most of the single, on the upside the performance with a single is in another league and if you EVER get blown off again it will be by something special or a supra running a T67 lol

Paul you still running your t61 on the safc2?and if so what was it like to set up on the apexi?and was it expensive to set up?

cheers mate

Guest Terry S
the first dyno session mine did they recored 670 at the fly. So given I've not yet uprated the gearbox we took it down a few notches to 570. Thats with 850injectors, FMIC etc etc etc

thats not on a T61 is it??

Paul you still running your t61 on the safc2?and if so what was it like to set up on the apexi?and was it expensive to set up?

cheers mate

Hi Keef, yeah shes still running on the safc, i had it set up by Thor who i would highly recomend it cost £150 and took about an hour to do with the ITC and a bit of adjustment to the FSE, the SAFC is defo a compromise solution you would get better afr's at the stock turbo change over point with an e-mange but as with everything in life you pays your money etc, it is do-able on an SAFC and the main thing is the fueling can be made safe, do a search you may find a "discussion" i had with Ian C :respekt: after a bottle of red (i did apologise) and you'll get the gist of the pro's and cons, if i was doing it all again i think i would get one of those cast manifolds Arnout does they look the dogs and a good price to

Hi Keef, yeah shes still running on the safc, i had it set up by Thor who i would highly recomend it cost £150 and took about an hour to do with the ITC and a bit of adjustment to the FSE, the SAFC is defo a compromise solution you would get better afr's at the stock turbo change over point with an e-mange but as with everything in life you pays your money etc, it is do-able on an SAFC and the main thing is the fueling can be made safe, do a search you may find a "discussion" i had with Ian C :respekt: after a bottle of red (i did apologise) and you'll get the gist of the pro's and cons, if i was doing it all again i think i would get one of those cast manifolds Arnout does they look the dogs and a good price to

Thanks for that paul...:thumbs:

Guest Terry S
that what I was told .... keep in mind that the wastegate wasn't having a few issues at the time too.

Its not that mate its the compressor map! Did they say at what boost?

Its not that mate its the compressor map! Did they say at what boost?

to be honest I didn't ask as it was a first run thing and not the final numbers. But i think it was something to do with the WG not actually doing it's job and venting so everythign went sky high ???

I just drive the thing and grin ;)