The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test drive etiquette

garetheves

I dont think id expect anyone to buy without a test drive, like yourself i certainly wouldnt. Also wouldnt let anyone but me take it to 160 leptons while it is still my car. Does this sound fair to everyone:

Plot a route of approx 5 miles of various roads and speeds. Drive steadily for the first few miles explaining a bit about the car (handling, suspension turbos and revs etc), hit the open stretch of road and if quiet blast it a bit to show them the power. Then pull into a very quiet road and let them have a quick drive but tell them not to go mad.

yep that sounds right and they normally dont boot it, i took dane stone out on his test drive to 150 leptons just to show him

I thought I read somewhere that it is the sellers responsibility to make sure the car is fully insured for a test drive, but I would have no idea how!

This subject always worries the hell out of me. I'd want a signed disclaimer, copies of their proof of insurance but that migth scare them off...