The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling All Southeners

RobAce

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok details on hotel as follows

Superior double rooms or a balcony room, full en suite with sea views, at £80 per room per night

Classic double rooms, full en suite, no sea view at £75 per room per night

Standard double room, shower and wash basin in the room, toilet adjacent to the room, no sea view at £70 per room per night

The price includes accommodation and breakfast.

Hotel

If interested put name down:

Superior room - Bill Prawn + one

well i know nothing about camp sites in the area but if any one does please post the details

i looked on the rtts site and it seems the main event is on the sunday night so

choice 1 - leave friday and stay in plymouth, then rtts sat and sun back mon

or

choice 2 - leave sat and stay in plynmouth, then rtts sun and back mon

wot do you think, need to know then i will post the route

Hotel parking is on the road.

Proprietor is looking into other arrangements for parking.

Will let you know more when I know.

I won't be camping though, nowhere for the missus to plug in her hairdryer;)

I like the Plymouth idea, but I have done RTTS a couple of times and getting into Newquay on Sat am is a no-no:blink:

Hotel parking is on the road.

Proprietor is looking into other arrangements for parking.

Will let you know more when I know.

I won't be camping though, nowhere for the missus to plug in her hairdryer;)

I like the Plymouth idea, but I have done RTTS a couple of times and getting into Newquay on Sat am is a no-no:blink:

deffo leave on the fri then eh fella

ok so far

friday 26th-

12:00- meet at fleet services m3 (fill up with optimax)

12:30- leave fleet M3 to A303

1:30 - stop at countess services on A303 (wrong side of the road but its got a shell station and a burger king/little chef).

2:00- leave services carry on down A303 to A30

3:00- stop at services on the jct between A303/A30 and M5 (big round about with a shell garage and a burger king/little chef)

3:30- leave services carry on down A30 to plymouth

4:30- arrive at barbican leisure park

park up

hotel about 100 yard down road. phone number 0870 9906458

(its got a car park for 65 but no gates or gards, this is the 1 i will use you can decide wot you want)

saturday 27th

10:00- leave hotel down A38/A30/A39/A392 and B3058

- there is a shell station at the juction of the A30/A39

??:??- arrive at newquay (stay at st.andrews hotel for 2 nights see link from bill prawn or camp site this is ment to be the closest http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/events/)

??:??- meet at The quintrell inn and set up the though town cruise(any one who wants to meet us here please pm me your number and i will call you on the day with an e.t.a)

monday 28th

??:??- leave for run home should be about 7 hours including stops

any thing wrong please let me know

ok so far

friday 26th-

12:00- meet at fleet services m3

12:30- leave fleet M3 to A303

1:30 - stop at services on A303 (the only one with a mcdonalds about 20-30 miles after stonehenge)

2:00- leave services carry on down A303 to A30

3:00- stop at services on the jct between A30 and M5 (big round about)

3:30- leave services carry on down A30 to plymouth

4:30- arrive at barbican leisure park

park up

hotel about 100 yard down road. phone number 0870 9906459 (this is the 1i will use you can decide wot you want)

saturday 27th

11:00- leave hotel down A38 to A30 to A392

12:00- arrive at rtts

any thing wrong please let me know

Rob,

I for one won't do this route or on those days.

I think you are a bit hopeful with getting to Newquay in an hour from Plymouth on Saturday.

If you want to work this out together I'm ok for that. It might need a different route down for us 'Northerners':p

i would allow 3hrs to get to newquay from plymouth as it took us 2hrs from st austell last year normally about 25mins , going into newquay on the sat is madness, i would advise getting there on fri or very early sat morn.I mean before 9am at newquay,or spend 2hrs going the last 3 or 4 miles lol:(

If you need any help locating any sites or checking out parking areas let me know as i am out newquay usually once a week and i also know a lot of people who live out there.

Am looking foward to being in a convoy of supes going through the town centre:D

i would allow 3hrs to get to newquay from plymouth as it took us 2hrs from st austell last year normally about 25mins , going into newquay on the sat is madness, i would advise getting there on fri or very early sat morn.I mean before 9am at newquay,or spend 2hrs going the last 3 or 4 miles lol:(

If you need any help locating any sites or checking out parking areas let me know as i am out newquay usually once a week and i also know a lot of people who live out there.

Am looking foward to being in a convoy of supes going through the town centre:D

ok good to know thanks mate, praps you could find a good place to meet up just out side newquay so we can get a good convoy sorted

Looks like things are coming together then guys :D

Bit worried about the parking on the road though at the hotel, even if other parking is sorted it will be away from the hotel so away from you ??

Or you could just call me a tight git :p as i really dont mind the tent. Might need to get two lists going of hotel and camping ? Think there was a link to a campsite at the start of this ??

Think going on the fri would be better tho :)

i would advise against leaving your cars on the street in newquay in a, during summer season and b, during run to the sun there are a lot of tossers around on that weekend there would be no problem with locals but newquay atracts allsorts during silly season hehehe

Camping in hendra or trencreek take a look at this sitethere are loads of campsites i have stayed at trencreek and we partyed till 5am with no problems its also near to town if anyone wanted to go clubbing whereas hendra is 3 or 4 miles from town and is mostly for families.

http://www.surfnewquay.co.uk/camping.shtml