The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scooby owner looking at a change of heart!

Guest Mass

Guest Flat4_ire
:conf: Starting to? The Impreza has had that rep for ages, hasn't it? You've only got to read some of the posts by our own resident chavster Flat4_ire to see what I mean.

Those graphics on yours don't do it any favours either mate, in the chav stakes.

Anyway, like others have said, get yourself a few Supra TT test drives and see what you reckon. Good luck

im not a "chavster" mine aint got graphics all over it! and mine is a 2dr, pretty pricey machine and dont see many "chavs" with em ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love type R subarus..flat4_ire is very nice example.. most chavs couldnt afford a later classic type r or p1. They cost more than a UK 6spd i think,,and more to insure!

ps please take ur graphics off your car it looks very chavvy

i came from a uk 2001 subaru ..reliable enuff.. very comfy seats aswell lol

glad i changed tho supra is nicer in every way..

Guest Flat4_ire
love type R subarus..flat4_ire is very nice example.. most chavs couldnt afford a later classic type r or p1. They cost more than a UK 6spd i think,,and more to insure!

ps please take ur graphics off your car it looks very chavvy

i came from a uk 2001 subaru ..reliable enuff.. very comfy seats aswell lol

glad i changed tho supra is nicer in every way..

why thank you! ;) i love my type R too but i just fancy a change for a while, not much would stick with them thru the first few gears, still im selling to buy a TT supra so il shut up about scoobs! ;)

Well, cheers for the replies ;) All advise noted lol

I'm gonna leave the graphics on for now because TBH if a 'chav' comes up with the cash then happy days.... means I can get the Supra sooner rather than later!!! :D

Homer: yeah I did go to the reading meets, think I might get down to the next one and have a test drive ;)

yeah, smart move:OK:

the lighter weight that results from cloth interior, less rads and plastic headlights is easier to shift with the smaller injectors and even easier to stop with the smaller brakes.:read:

lol that is funny, but out of only 623 to choose from, especially if you want a manual, you stand a much better chance of getting what you want when you consider the j-spec cars too. I gave up the wait for a uk spec manual.

Changing brakes and headlights is easy as pie and not costing too much £, changing gearboxes etc or waiting 6months or longer for what you want, not so great...

Plus a lot of import cars come with some great mods and add-ons :D it pays to be open minded.

after you get used to the turbo lag with aircraft like excelleration and a possible 180 mph top end, its the turned heads matey for 10 grand.

i love my sup, however and this is a big point (dont slate me guys i own one) it is not a practical car.....:tumble:

summer time no probs 20 or 30 miles a day to week fine. 50 to 60 round trip each day and 3 months of wet salty slippy roads isnt so good.

if your planning a day out say 150 to 200 mile round trip youve got to add 50 or 60 quid to the day for fuel alone. but this is what we expect.:tomato:

if your bugget can stetch buy a day to day runner which i belive many of us have. to do the work / shopping runs.

once you get over the scumbags looking at you like you have no idea what car to buy in there comon as muc bmws, mundaos.. etc... then you just laugh at the filthy dirty cars.

if you earn a shed load of money each year then dont worry but i dont and treasure my 42 thousand pound 180mph super car.......

can you tell iam sick of people saying "why do you need 3 cars????"

sorrrrry ill sell them both and spend the money on a mundeo and never clean it.

:thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku:

tt steve

Guest Flat4_ire
never got there, was comming over for st patricks days

ul hardly have the sup then will ya>? i might have mine by then ;) ya may give us a shout if ur over man

Flat4 ire:

I had the box fixed twice due to no fault or missuse of my own. I was just unlucky. I certainly didnt drive the car like a ruff C*%t! It was my pride an joy.

The first issue was down to it not staying in fifth gear and 3rd being hard to get into without grinding it at anything over 3k rpm. This was down to the famous bolt which becomes loose, i cannot remember the exact name for it. Unfortunately it was not just a case in the end of tightening the bolt.

The second time was a result of a very similar fault.

For me it was time for a change, and these incidents did not help my decission. There are certainly numerous stories of blown gearboxes and engines, as you say, especially on Scoobynet (which i must say going from that club to this was like a breath of fresh air!)

The car i sold was immaculate and maintained as best as i possibly could. The car was enjoyed but not abbused. I know the gearboxes in the type R's are very different to what i had in mine and also stronger.

It seems some are lucky, some aint.

I know i certainly dont miss it compared with what i drive now.

Mine's going up for sale today....Now, all I've gotta do is find the right Supe!!! :eyebrows: But it's knowing what to go for! :shrug:

I deffo want a TT, but it's the choice between the auto or the manual, and a j-spec or a UK!!!:help: :help: :help:

I'll reply on here as it's your thread then!! heheh.

TBH I'm not sure if I'm even selling, so it's high priced at the moment, wouldn't sell for less than 12k if it were to go today. That may come down in the next couple of months as and when the mortgage gets arranged!!!

I also need to get the flywheel replaced before I sell it.

By the way, I also didnt want a auto, but drove one and was very surprised, wouldnt have a manual now unless I was going for 600+bhp, which I dont reckon I would ever want.

Whats the link between 600bhp and a Manual Gearbox....?